Attachments

• Preform side 1 edited.jpg
    Preform side 1 edited.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 451
  • Preform side 2 edited.jpg
    Preform side 2 edited.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 475
Upvote 0
Well, being that a preform is considered an "almost finished" point, I wouldnt say its that, but it does have some definate workmanship on it. Its either a "blank" carried from the quarry to work into a point or tool later on or use in trade, or its a scaraping and cutting tool as is.
DONT throw it in your driveway!!
Go back to that spot and find some more stuff!! :thumbsup:

wannabeafinder

Apr 5, 2007
kentucky
Detector(s) used
white xlt
I agree with Johnniereb, I would keep it, I mount pieces like this in my collection and they look nice. Not worth anything but the history of a people so smart it makes the rest of us look stupid. They carried pieces like this to finish later and if you look hard you can make out the outline for fingers. Pieces like this were also used as tools and perhaps we will never understand but that's why we collect.

luckyinkentucky

Feb 29, 2008
Owensboro, Kentucky
just-geese said:
2nd pic shows slight working on the right side, must have been a buffalo walked by and he dropped it

I don't see any 'work' on the right side. It looks like a typical pressure flake to me. The material tends to 'pop' or 'tear' unevenly as opposed to a percussion flake. Also, heat treated rock get's that 'popped' appearance to it sometimes. It's just uneven material, and not 'work'. :thumbsup:

Airborne80

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2005
Northern Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT Classic
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the second photo.... on the upper left side... I see the face of a sad woman looking out at us!!! :o :o

Rich in Houston

Nov 30, 2003
Houston,Katy TX.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro UMax, Cortez & Tejon, Fisher CZ20,
Garrett GTA 1000, AT Pro & AT Max. Minelab Equanox600
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It's been worked.. May have been a little thumb scraper. looks to be small.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread