presidential rolls

chong2

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2006
El Paso, TX
Detector(s) used
Flippin Stick n good luck :)
since the release of the president dollars i have ordered a roll of each p & d from the mint, kept sealed in thier boxes. i am keeping the reciepts as documentation for future sale. once the whole set gets completed, u think i will have made out decent?
its also kinda driving me crazy, cause of all the recent errors out there, i dunno what i have

SteveDodds

Dec 9, 2006
North Central Iowa
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, BH 202
I would take them out of the rolls and look at em. With the goofy composition that they have they tone just as bad or worse than a lincoln cent. The paper that the roll is made out of will tone the coin a different color. If I was you I would put them in plastic tubes.

OP
OP
chong2

chong2

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2006
El Paso, TX
Detector(s) used
people pay much higher for intact rolls from the mint, especially still in the box. for example the p and d westward journey hand shake goes about 75.00 when packaged from the mint. which i have. and i have bank rolls that go for almost face value....... thats why

OP
OP
chong2

chong2

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2006
El Paso, TX
Detector(s) used
yes, but also, it may drive someone to buy the lot:)

acedigger

Aug 20, 2007
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Nox 600, Ace 250
I am a coin collector and I know exactly how you feel. I would say keep on with what your doing. You may not get a good price for them until they are long out of production but I think you are making a smart move. Just think if you had a roll set of Washingtons or Rosies or any old coin. It would be worth thousands.
Keep doing what your doing, your grandkids will appreciate it.

OP
OP
chong2

chong2

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2006
El Paso, TX
Detector(s) used
thanks acedigger, i have my daughter in mind. and if she sells them for face they should be at least 2000.00, so i only lose a few bucks, but as we all know, uncirculated rolls usually go much higher.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread