Re: President's Day Finds

Beautiful ring!

OP
OP
W

Wanabee

Thank you all for the replies.
The swimming pool is inside a locked fence and has never been MD'ed. I have been there three times this year. The local park was glad to give me a key to the gate. I will post a pict. of the coins tomorrow.

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d

Nice find!!! Real, or not, gets the old blood a pump'n, huh?
Pretty cool of them giving you the key. I think most of the pools around here are all concrete inside the fence, I'll have to keep an eye out on one that's not...

Colorado2

Dec 26, 2004
Berthoud CO
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's MXT, Fisher Gold Bug II

Hey Wanabee. Nice find! I've dug 7 rings to date and only 2 were real gold. But I got the same rush on all 7. There's something really great about realizing "It's Not A Pull Tab". Of course, I'm new enough at this that sometimes I get a quick buzz on pull tabs until I can see them more clearly! Can't wait to see the rest of your finds. I've been thinking about a large natural hot spring pool here that has huge grassy areas around it (all inside a fence). Daily admission is $16.00, but have been thinking about paying just to MD if they'll let me. Funny how I'm willing to do the nerdiest things to get into some good virgin MD territory. What's happening to me? ;D Good luck~CO2

bigrig40

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2005
Central Indiana
Detector(s) used
white's

outside swimming areas are a favorite of mine also.nice lookin ring!what kind of detector you using?

bigrig

OP
OP
W

Wanabee

Yes i have to agree with DigginD, that the ring is "real" however costume. This is only the third ring that I have ever found. My detector is a Garrett GTI2500, it belongs to my dad but he lets me use it. I own an old White's "Coinshooter" it still works but not real good.
My total coin count from the swimming pool as of this date is 8 Quarters, 18 Dimes, 3 Nickles and 114 pennies for a total of $5.09 + the ring. So I guess the practice of pinpointing is starting to get better. My holes are getting smaller! Ha-Ha. I had another MD'er with me on one trip and I'm not sure how many coins he dug up.

Here is a pict of the coins

Attachments

• poolcoins.jpg
    poolcoins.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 103

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread