Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Went back to the permission and straight to the pull tab nightmare mine field. It was very stingy today, no silvers and limited clad with only two wheaties, 1919 and a 1938. The trash in the pic is from two hunts in the mine field so I have thinned out a little bit of it. The coolest find was the DAV tag, POSTAGE GUARANTEED FINDER DEPOSIT IN ANY MAILBOX DISABLED AMERICAN VETERANS CINCINNATI OHIO 45214 . I assume that it was attached to something important. Part of the cool factor for me, is that I myself, am a Disabled Vet. I almost threw the tag away, it was bent over and looked like trash except I barely noticed some writing. I wash and then straightened it out as best as I could. It turned into a very hot day with a few well received gusts of a breeze towards the end of the hunt. So, something in my trash actually turned a rather hot and dismal hunt into a pretty decent one. I have to say that the ice cold A&W Root Beer I had on ice really tasted great as I cooled in in the AC of the truck. Thanks for looking all and go door knocking! DL

Attachments

• 20170919_142121.jpg
    20170919_142121.jpg
    258 KB · Views: 96
  • 20170919_141042.jpg
    20170919_141042.jpg
    746.6 KB · Views: 84
  • 20170919_141744.jpg
    20170919_141744.jpg
    318.9 KB · Views: 70
Upvote 13

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Still better than diggin clad and pull tabs, at a park...........nice!

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Looter, good stuff! Those old wheats are a subtle hint that those Barbers are close by...a few more years and you're in their range. Keep at, keep thinning those pesky pull-tabs out and you'll pull some great stuff...sure there's a lot of trash but a solid indication of lots of traffic..thx for posting..Ddf. PS- I've adopted a new method to my morbid fear of door-knocking..I ask myself "WWDLD?"....(what would Dirt Looter do?)....HA! thx again for the encouragement...Ddf

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
WWDLD? So funny!

That's a lot of digging! Makes my hands hurt just looking.

What's the connection between DAV and Cincinnati? Lot of range: Cincinnati, OK, AR.

Congratulations! Looks like you had a fun day! Hope you find some more!

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey Looter, good stuff! Those old wheats are a subtle hint that those Barbers are close by...a few more years and you're in their range. Keep at, keep thinning those pesky pull-tabs out and you'll pull some great stuff...sure there's a lot of trash but a solid indication of lots of traffic..thx for posting..Ddf. PS- I've adopted a new method to my morbid fear of door-knocking..I ask myself "WWDLD?"....(what would Dirt Looter do?)....HA! thx again for the encouragement...Ddf

Actually this is the area that I just found my 1st barber and a rosie. it appears that there is a layer of fill dirt that I wade thru to the stuff below. I have dug several holes nearly to china it seems and gave up because it was so hot but plan to come back later. this is also within 125 yards or so of where I found 1918 Walker and mercs. I reach a point where I try to cherry pick the last five or six holes because I need to find something better than trash. This happens to be an area or site where cleaning out the trash can really be worth it. thanks for the comments too, DL

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
WWDLD? So funny!

That's a lot of digging! Makes my hands hurt just looking.

What's the connection between DAV and Cincinnati? Lot of range: Cincinnati, OK, AR.

Congratulations! Looks like you had a fun day! Hope you find some more!

hey my hands hurt too! because of my messed up right foot, I can't dig like normal people so it is all hands. I literally push down on the place where you foot would on my Sampson. Hard ground is murder but I am thankful to be able to dig at all. we got spoiled here with a week or so of cooler temps but it got really hot again. It is exciting to hunt in an area or site that definitely has potential or is in fact producing some great stuff. Gotta love those permissions. DL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread