Pretty little gold ring in scoop!

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
It's early in the fresh water season here, and the rain, the beaches haven't been crowded.

Steve & I went in the water yesterday for two hours and I found two pull tabs.

So, we hit a different spot today. I found a penny, a leather monogrammed bracelet - signals very far between.

And then this nice little 14k gold ring. The stone may be a sapphire. The ring weighs 1.56g

Mon Jun 04 14k setting.jpg

Mon Jun 04 14k Ring.jpg

Mon Jun 04 14k marking.jpg

After a 30 year drought, that's 3 golds in 6 months!

Upvote 0

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
WTG Deepseeker! Watch out, I've found gold comes in streaks!!.....:treasurechest:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sweet Gold - Congratulations!:occasion14:

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other

Last night I was still living the delight of finding the ring, still am today :) Looking back to my hunting in the 80's, I found 5 gold rings then. But they were all 10k, and my first two gold pieces in my return to the hobby were also 10k.

So, this ring is my first 14k jewelry. We all need to vacation in India where all their jewelry is 22k :)

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the nice gold ring! :occasion14:

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When Deep first showed me the ring, we were still in the water and my glasses were in the van. It looked like a cool kids ring. When we got back to the van, I got out the loop and told him it was junk and to throw it in my bag. Then I told him it was 14 k. I'm going to have to leave him behind next time!

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
When Deep first showed me the ring, we were still in the water and my glasses were in the van. It looked like a cool kids ring. When we got back to the van, I got out the loop and told him it was junk and to throw it in my bag. Then I told him it was 14 k. I'm going to have to leave him behind next time!

Make no mistake! Steve almost always kicks my butt. Out of the hundred plus times we've hunted together, I can count on my fingers the times I've topped his finds.

Steve is a natural, and sometimes I get lucky.

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks Dave! Sometimes when we simplify our worlds and just look for the treasures to come, we do find delights. We just have to go searching for them. They kinda hide.....

Sleepy

Jan 20, 2013
Alabama
Detector(s) used
White's DFX White's Spectrum XLT, 2 Fisher CZ21's, 2 Tesoro Compadre's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice little ring. It could be the lighting in the pic but the stone sorta looks like Tanzanite to me. I like sapphire and tanzanite. Both make nice looking jewelry. Congrats!

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice little ring. It could be the lighting in the pic but the stone sorta looks like Tanzanite to me. I like sapphire and tanzanite. Both make nice looking jewelry. Congrats!

Thanks for the discussion on the stone. As far as gemstones go, I just saw it was blue. New ideas here would be very, very welcome. I stand only as a student.

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Here's the best picture of the stone I've been able to get thus far.

Tue Jun 05 Stone.jpg

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Gold never gets old to dig. Glad your having a good year finding the bling. You coming up this way this summer? If so give me a little notice so I can have a couple sites lined up.

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Gold never gets old to dig. Glad your having a good year finding the bling. You coming up this way this summer? If so give me a little notice so I can have a couple sites lined up.

My kids are pressing me to come up for the 4th of July again - but they don't have to make that 10 hour long drive there and back again. I refuse to fly.

If I decide to go, let's meet up on my way up, I'll leave a day early, overnight in the area, and then finish the drive the following morning.

What happened last time we tried, my just wanting to get the trip over with kicked in.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread