pretty sure they missed their target..

sweetrelease

Sep 26, 2013
new jersey
Detector(s) used
at pro and ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
had some nice weather yesterday in south jersey so got out for a hunt. hit the same place I got the 1808, 1818 large cents. not much going on except for some plan flat buttons and the ever exciting clad. after about two hours I get a good hit at about 4 inches. I dig my plug and see nothing that looks metal.i pinpoint the hole and it hits on a piece of wood. I double check with detector and sure enough its going crazy.. so at that point I start to break it open. I find this (see pic). you guys ever find a bullet in a piece of wood or tree.it's a first for me. it's not the coins I was looking for but its cool to me.i'm going to leave it in the wood so I can display it.also anyone know what kind of bullet it maybe? it has vertical lines in it and is lead. thanks for looking HH ~matt~

Attachments

• IMAG0045.jpg
    IMAG0045.jpg
    622.5 KB · Views: 242
  • IMAG0046.jpg
    IMAG0046.jpg
    543.1 KB · Views: 246
Upvote 8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
had some nice weather yesterday in south jersey so got out for a hunt. hit the same place I got the 1808, 1818 large cents. not much going on except for some plan flat buttons and the ever exciting clad. after about two hours I get a good hit at about 4 inches. I dig my plug and see nothing that looks metal.i pinpoint the hole and it hits on a piece of wood. I double check with detector and sure enough its going crazy.. so at that point I start to break it open. I find this (see pic). you guys ever find a bullet in a piece of wood or tree.it's a first for me. it's not the coins I was looking for but its cool to me.i'm going to leave it in the wood so I can display it.also anyone know what kind of bullet it maybe? it has vertical lines in it and is lead. thanks for looking HH ~matt~

Well you inspired me to crack open my hidden wood signal. Nothing too exciting but figured I'd post a pic. Yours is much cooler than mine. Best of luck out there. image.jpg image.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread