Previously unreported fluted NC point

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Jul 29, 2012
I posted a point earlier today that I found several years back. I have labeled this point guilford then Clovis then guilford then.... Well, you get the picture. I just ran across an article on arrowheads.com that is about a previously unreported fluted point found in the piedmont area of NC. That caught my eye. I read that the point was found in Durham NC. That's 15 or 20 minutes away from my back door. My eye is really caught!! I looked at the pic. And I think I have another of its kind.

image-1431406614.jpg

image-1196371337.jpg

Just like the point shown in the article, the "ears" are broken on mine, and the "flute" just kinda gets ground into the point, with no notice of the flutes end. I couldn't post the link. Not sure if it's due to my use of a phone for posting, my lack of knowing how to use a phone, or because the link I was attempting to use is a competitor of ours. I doubt the last one, and am leaning more toward my not knowing how to add a link.

Upvote 0
Oct 20, 2019
Bethania nc
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My two creek pictures are the only ones that i took you can see one that is fluted in the surface the other i washed in the creek when this pic was taken it is a knox chert jet black very thin and thinning at the base it was not a sunny day that day it was raining least my indoor pics turned out sorry that one pic was not good enough i dont have a good camera that takes good pics i had to use what i had available for documentation i do this for research and to go back further in time this is the only transitional i found so far in my area

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread