Price of silver Halfs-Retail and wholesale

Daniel964

Jan 25, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Anyone know what silver 90% half dollars are selling for by the shops and what they are paying for them? I'm wanting to buy some 90% half dollars and wondering what the going price is. Also if anyone would be willing to sell any to me please contact me. I'm thinking about buying 20 to 60 of them every month if I have the money.

Thanks

Daniel

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
I'm not selling, but I see on a site I use a bid of $10.26 and an ask of $11.25 per $1 (two halves).

That should give you a starting point. :-)

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sold 72 halves on here in the classifieds last week
I had 45 walkers, sold for $6 each
15 Franklins, and 12 1964 Kennedy's all sold for $5.50 each

BBcardsRI

Bronze Member
May 29, 2008
Rhode Island
I have 60 walkers in nice shape with a decent date selection for sale if you are interested.

It REALLY depends on price. Ebay is running up to $7 a walker when you buy at least a roll at a time. And dealers are ALL over the place... assuming you actually find one that even has any to sell.

I HIGHLY suggest walkers as an investment over frankies or kens. Not just because they are older... but because they are GORGEOUS coins and really drying up in supply. I know in my state, dealers can commit big bags of walkers for 5.70 a coin (as opposed to 5.50 for bens and kens). And if the main dealer in the state who ships up to Boston is commiting at that... you know he is probably gettin a quarter or two a piece in profit... bareing in mind of course the volume they are moving.

Hope this helps! And good luck buying!

~Dave

Reverend B*IKE*

Jan 11, 2009
YOU CON
Detector(s) used
Minelab SAFARI, AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Condition, Condition, condition!And Key dates! I would take a better (AU) conditon 70d Kennedy and a 55 Ben over a worn out walker. In the long run... I am noticing that the state of condition is going to hold its value far longer than spot price and if the spot goes up.....all the better, so do the key dates and the better graded coins! Just my .02 sense? :wink:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread