Printing Plate "Whatsit"

myelo1023

Jul 14, 2008
The Woodlands, Texas
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Garrett pinpointer
Printing Plate "Whatsit"

Already posted this on the 'what's it' board and got some responses, but wanted to share w/my Texas friends. I found this plate at an old school ground in Willis....not sure why it would be there, but it was. It apparenlty is a print plate from either "lobby cards" The text reads (mirrored text) "Scene from the photothriller 'Wanted for Murder'". There was a movie made in 1946 by this name, but I cannot find anything on the web that has this wording. I can see part of a hand and cuff just above the text. Print part is copper layed on top of some stronger metal. Interesting, but if anyone has any other clues....let me know.

Attachments

• IMG_0512.JPG
    IMG_0512.JPG
    112.4 KB · Views: 364
  • IMG_0506.JPG
    IMG_0506.JPG
    93.6 KB · Views: 383
  • IMG_0504.JPG
    IMG_0504.JPG
    91 KB · Views: 363
  • IMG_0512.JPG
    IMG_0512.JPG
    112.4 KB · Views: 361

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Re: Printing Plate "Whatsit"

Cool find....

In the Fort Wayne, Indiana paper "The News-Sentinel" on 31 July 1921, there is an article about "SCENE IN PHOTO THRILLER: The Last Door". I'm trying to see if I can find anything on "WANTED FOR MURDER".

I think I found your printing plate, printed....

Attachments

• 11-15-2008 11-23-44 PM.jpg
    11-15-2008 11-23-44 PM.jpg
    265.7 KB · Views: 365
OP
OP
myelo1023

myelo1023

Jul 14, 2008
The Woodlands, Texas
Detector(s) used

Ron and Ann said:
Cool find....

In the Fort Wayne, Indiana paper "The News-Sentinel" on 31 July 1921, there is an article about "SCENE IN PHOTO THRILLER: The Last Door". I'm trying to see if I can find anything on "WANTED FOR MURDER".

Awesome!!! let me know if you find it...I can find NOTHING related to this movie w/this text. I found the movie and DVD cover picture, but no lobby cards. I can't even find anything that has what a "photothriller" is. Google keeps trying to correct the spelling!

OP
OP
myelo1023

myelo1023

Jul 14, 2008
The Woodlands, Texas
Detector(s) used

Ron and Ann said:
Cool find....

OMG!!! I can't believe you found it!!! That is awesome!!!! Can you send me the website?? That is the exact plate! thanks so much!!! I guess it is a pretty cool find.... Thanks again, your awesome!! :thumbsup:

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250

myelo1023 said:
Ron and Ann said:
Cool find....

OMG!!! I can't believe you found it!!! That is awesome!!!! Can you send me the website?? That is the exact plate! thanks so much!!! I guess it is a pretty cool find.... Thanks again, your awesome!! :thumbsup:

You are most welcomed! Glad I could assist. I have a subscription to Newspaper Archives and that is how I do alot of my research (both for those looking for answer on TNET and for my genealogical research.) They have lots of papers and are always updating. Expensive, but for me, well worth every penny I pay for it!!!

Great Find!!!
Annmarie

OP
OP
myelo1023

myelo1023

Jul 14, 2008
The Woodlands, Texas
Detector(s) used

Ron and Ann said:
myelo1023 said:
Ron and Ann said:
Cool find....

You are most welcomed! Glad I could assist. I have a subscription to Newspaper Archives and that is how I do alot of my research (both for those looking for answer on TNET and for my genealogical research.) They have lots of papers and are always updating. Expensive, but for me, well worth every penny I pay for it!!!

Great Find!!!
Annmarie

I wondered about that newspaper archive thing...I may have to try that for a month..though it looks cheaper to do it by the year! So apparently this was a photo gallery or presentation at the auditorium there? I'll have to look the guy up in the article who was suposedly some notorious murderer. Very interesting...I wonder how this plate got to Texas! It was found at an old college school ground dating to early 1900's.

Has the newspaper archive helped you in finding hunting grounds?

Thank you again...this is probably (and sadly) the coolest find I've ever made!

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250

myelo1023 said:
Ron and Ann said:
myelo1023 said:
Ron and Ann said:
Cool find....

Great Find!!!
Annmarie

I wondered about that newspaper archive thing...I may have to try that for a month..though it looks cheaper to do it by the year! So apparently this was a photo gallery or presentation at the auditorium there? I'll have to look the guy up in the article who was suposedly some notorious murderer. Very interesting...I wonder how this plate got to Texas! It was found at an old college school ground dating to early 1900's.

Has the newspaper archive helped you in finding hunting grounds?

Thank you again...this is probably (and sadly) the coolest find I've ever made!

It was a newspaper ad for the movie. I am saving the full page and sending to you in email. The subject line will be WANTED FOR MURDER, so you know it's me :)....EMAIL SENT!!!

Enjoy,
Annmarie

OP
OP
myelo1023

myelo1023

Jul 14, 2008
The Woodlands, Texas
Detector(s) used

Ron and Ann said:
Your most welcomed!

Here's a link to the 1946 movie version. The 1919 one was a theatre presentation....can't seem to find anything on it for DVD.

https://www.hotmoviesale.com/store/...=1&ProdId=29&gclid=CPWf2In6-JYCFQSPFQodXng5YQ

I wonder if it is the same story. I found a LITTLE info on the 1919 version. It apparently was a silent film and the actors of it are listed. on one of the actresses biographies, it indicates that she never made the transition to "speak" movies. It is listed as a war movie on genre.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0171911/

the movie must have stunk! (smile)...I don't care...I got a print plate!

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250

That was a good link....

Found lots of newspaper articles about Kaiser Wilhelm. Just from the short bits I read, he wasn't a nice person.

OP
OP
myelo1023

myelo1023

Jul 14, 2008
The Woodlands, Texas
Detector(s) used

Ron and Ann said:
That was a good link....

Found lots of newspaper articles about Kaiser Wilhelm. Just from the short bits I read, he wasn't a nice person.

Yes, appaerntly, he was not...thus "wanted for murder"! Well, learned a lot today! think I'll be joining you on the newspaper site!

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250

myelo1023 said:
Ron and Ann said:
That was a good link....

Yes, appaerntly, he was not...thus "wanted for murder"! Well, learned a lot today! think I'll be joining you on the newspaper site!

See, we always learn something new each day!

I really love that site, even to just pick a date, or a newspaper of a certain location and reading...it's so interesting. Even got a few recipes!!! It evens helps my boys with homework!!! We get articles from the time the event they are learning in school happened!!!

I think they have a trial period, and if you don't want to keep it...MAKE SURE YOU CANCEL before the 2 weeks are up...THEY WILL CHARGE YOU!!! It's automatic once the trial is over. But I am sure you will enjoy the site!

I love reading the papers from London from the late 1700's!!!

Also, sometimes research can be fustrating.... just play around with keywords.....

Shaw

Mar 16, 2008
Houston Area
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Vibraprobe 570, My Melon

Very cool find Susan, That place was a good location for you. I am surprised you didn't head back today.

OP
OP
myelo1023

myelo1023

Jul 14, 2008
The Woodlands, Texas
Detector(s) used

Shaw said:
Very cool find Susan, That place was a good location for you. I am surprised you didn't head back today.

Only because I didn't have time! Kendall had a B-day party, so just went while she was there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread