Private School pays off again

incajoe

May 17, 2007
New England
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS
Last night I spent another two hours at the private school. I decided to try a different area that I hadn't hunted yet and was off to a slow start when I went under some old trees that looked like they had been there at least 50-75 years. The signals then started to come in quickly. Mostly I was digging pennies and dimes from the 60's-80's but I did find a 1919S Mercury dime and 5 wheat pennies from 1937-1958. I got right up close to a big tree and got a loud signal that registered as $.50. Sure enough out pops a 1945 Walking Liberty half in really nice condition. This is my second one after finding the last one on my previous trip to the Private School. I ended the night with digging up an old horse shoe. I already knew that I had good luck but the horse shoe confirmed it for me. I don't think I'm going to get sick of hunting this place anytime soon. I find something good every time I go there and I haven't even covered 1/10th of the place.

Attachments

• P7250004.JPG
    P7250004.JPG
    74.5 KB · Views: 964
Upvote 0

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
Nice silver, and in really good condition,too.

paul1410

Feb 6, 2007
Land of the Cheese Steak
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado, White's Spectrum XLT
Cool finds, incajoe!

Sounds like there is plenty there to keep you busy for quite a while.

Looking forward to hearing more from this spot.

Thanks for sharing.

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
That walking liberty is beautiful!! and of course I love the Mercs! :D :D Great finds! MORE MORE! :D :D

L

Lippy86

i can't wait til i see some nice silver looking back up at me, awesome job!

Lippy

JRich98150

May 29, 2007
Middleburg, Florida 32068
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Don't you just love it! I remember way back when I found my first walking liberty half. I was just standing around a park back in Indianapolis talking with some fellow who had taken an interest in what I was doing and what I had found so far. After a few minutes of chatting I turned on the detector and just moved it around me. I didn't expect to find anything as I was just stading still talking with the fellow. I got a nice strong signal and figured it must be a pull tab. (This was back around 1971.) I wasn't going to dig but we were both curious. I told him it was probably some junk or a pop top pull tab since the sound was so loud and strong. I about died when out popped and very nice looking walking liberty. Congratulations on your finds especially the two halfs you've recovered. Hope there's lots more where they came from!

JRich

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread