private youtube videos, whos watching mine?!

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
private youtube videos, who's watching mine?!

OK, this is blowing my mind right now. I often spend a lot of time editing and tweeking my metal detecting videos before I upload them to youtube. I always upload them as private videos and then I spend more time adding annotations, and getting it just right before making it public. So that means the only views should be a few from me as I review it to sure it's good, right? WRONG! I don't know how, but someone (people) have been watching my videos before I make them public. I thought I saw the view count jump a few on my last one, but now, I KNOW it's happening on my current video. It's at 11 views and it should be about 3 or 4!

Has anyone ever heard of something like this on YouTube before? Have any of you other video posters noticed this?

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
When I'm of the mind, I do a search for Silver Fiend and watch based on the search results. I don't know if it pulls them from the private videos or not.

OP
OP
Jason in Enid

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I'm of the mind, I do a search for Silver Fiend and watch based on the search results. I don't know if it pulls them from the private videos or not.

No, it shouldn't show them as a result. Even if if it did, you shouldn't be able to actually watch them.

Last edited:

nmdsrtrat

Jan 26, 2013
SW, IL
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3I; Whites Classic IDX
Jason, I just looked you up, the most recent one I see when I sort by most recent is titled "Metal detecting VIRGIN ground #5, GOLD"

OP
OP
Jason in Enid

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, there's a #6 that's still private. That's the one I'm referring to.

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
Well I use an app called tubemate on my tablet, lets you actually download youtube vids, versus just watching them, it snags everything, even videos not made available to mobile users, and those marked private, of course youtube hates that, since you are not supposed to be able to actually save said videos, but it does, the app does not tell you if a vid is listed as private or not, it just shows a list of whats there, then gives you the option to choose the quality you want.

Mike

OP
OP
Jason in Enid

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I use an app called tubemate on my tablet, lets you actually download youtube vids, versus just watching them, it snags everything, even videos not made available to mobile users, and those marked private, of course youtube hates that, since you are not supposed to be able to actually save said videos, but it does, the app does not tell you if a vid is listed as private or not, it just shows a list of whats there, then gives you the option to choose the quality you want.

Mike

That's very interesting! Can you watch my newest (and private) video?

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This is an old thread, but what was the result? Could your private video be downloaded? Thanks; inquiring minds want to know. :)

OP
OP
Jason in Enid

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is an old thread, but what was the result? Could your private video be downloaded? Thanks; inquiring minds want to know. :)

Wow, this is an oldie! No, nobody I gave the link to could see anything but the error "this video is private". I never did figure out why my view number would go up like that on brand new, private vids. I haven't seen it do it in a while though.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions