Prizm IV and the Beach

Tricia

Mar 5, 2007
I have a Prizm 2 and did salt water hunting on beaches in N and S Carolina in March. Am new to detecting and it is my first MD.

Your model has more bells and whistles than mine but I found stuff everyday. No big treasures but it certainly helped clean up the beach. I take that back, I thought I found the mother load under a pier but what I really found was the iron piling that supports the whole structure. I was so excited as the beeps and blips were going off the charts. Was so damn embarrassed when I finally stuck my hand in the sand and found out what I was detecting.

Did save someone a tetanus shot because I found a 3 inch hook and sinker just under the surface of the sand one day. It certainly would have found it's way into someone's foot.

One thing I'm finding with the Prizm...turn the sensitivity down and the discrimination up. Found a soda can from 1987 14 inches down in the sand. I was just learning how to use my new detector and wanted to dig every hit. A crumpled Pepsi can was very disappointing. :D

Actually, I think your Prizm has a depth gauge so that'll help.

But overall, I really enjoyed the Prizm and since then have had a chance to work a very hard gravel and rock area and the coins turned up there too.

I'd give a thumbs up to the Prizm's.

OP
OP
A

a1a9

Feb 13, 2006
Mass
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Great, Thanks Tricia for the information. Sounds like you have been having fun with your Prizm.

GAR

Greenie
May 19, 2006
Hershey, PA
I have a Prizm V and it works very well in the dry sand, I have had no success with it in wet sand. Good luck! George

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread