Pro Pointer AT Is Kind Of Amazing!

HenryWaltonJonesJr

Sep 2, 2013
Downtown Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, AT Pro, Compadre, SeaHunter II, AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Last summer I purchased the AT and about the third time out I lost it from a boat on a small lake and had no idea where. After an exhaustive search I was bummed out that it was lost. A metal detectorist should never lose anything!

Well, today, about a year later my brother called to say he found it in about 10' of water while snorkeling. He said it turned on and seemed happily beeping on metal!

I have to say, that is kind of amazing! He did want to know what the bounty was on it, I'm hoping he settles on lunch and if not a silver coin ; )

OP
OP
HenryWaltonJonesJr

HenryWaltonJonesJr

Sep 2, 2013
Downtown Chicago
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's a little worse for wear, but for a year under water and under the ice it looks pretty good!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

digger460

Silver Member
Sep 19, 2015
Southeast Grundy, Illinois
Detector(s) used
EQ600, EQ800 and a Carrot
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice to know it passed the waterproof test:thumbsup: Will be taking mine to Cozumel soon to do a little shallow snorkel hunting!

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Send in your story and pics to Garrett. Maybe they'll use it in advertising, and "maybe" give you a 2nd one to use while one is lost somewhere. :laughing7:

OP
OP
HenryWaltonJonesJr

HenryWaltonJonesJr

Sep 2, 2013
Downtown Chicago
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I thought I should show you guys the inside, still looks brand new!

IMG_6019.JPG

austin_luker

Oct 17, 2014
New York State
Detector(s) used
XP Dues (AKA: EMI Chaser/Dog fence lover)
9" X35 - 11" LF - HF Elliptical - MI6 -
Garrett AT Pro with Neil Storm Coil, NEL SharpShooter and Garrett Pro PinPointer AT (Carrot)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the update and images, I am also very impressed with the Pro Pointer AT! Much more sensitive and the ability to adjust the sensitivity is a huge bonus. No more putting silicone good over the switch and LED :)
Garrett hit a home run with this product i do believe, now if they would come out with an AT Pro II I would be a pig in sh*t happy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread