Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
happens to me too... but I got used to it quick. works well if you don't try to dig w/ it.

Beepin Husker

Feb 20, 2014
Husker Country
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, Garrett AT Pro, 2 Garrett Pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup...mine does the same...just don't push on it...

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You found it's biggest fault besides the battery flopping around. I bought a TRX and use mine for a back up now.

thommo59

Mar 6, 2014
Australia
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Garrett AT PRO
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you tried to ground balance it? Otherwise, I would ask for Garrett to fix it.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
You found it's biggest fault besides the battery flopping around. I bought a TRX and use mine for a back up now.

I have not noticed the battery moving after replacing the unglued piece in the cap with a cupboard door felt bumper.:)

Eddie Current

May 17, 2011
Flooorida
Detector(s) used
CTX /AT Pro / Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Same thing happened to my Propointer... suggest you send it in to Garrett while it is still under warrenty and they will fix it for you. The problem only got worse for me the longer it was used. When I got mine back from Garrett it looked like they had replaced the whole unit except for the cap with the serial number.

OP
OP
O

oilcantech

May 21, 2014
Thanks for all the replies. Sounds like mine is pretty normal then. I guess I'll just have to watch probing too hard with it. I fixed the loose battery issue as soon as I got mine by adding a piece of adhesive foam to the underside of the cap.

OP
OP
O

oilcantech

May 21, 2014
Same thing happened to my Propointer... suggest you send it in to Garrett while it is still under warrenty and they will fix it for you. The problem only got worse for me the longer it was used. When I got mine back from Garrett it looked like they had replaced the whole unit except for the cap with the serial number.

Thanks Eddie. I'll keep that in mind if I see mine getting any worse.

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reading through the above posts and "having to put up with" seems to be far out of line. Spending good money for an item that does not function as it is supposed to or even having it repaired and replaced and still experience yet another failure. To me a return for refund and replacement with a brand item that has a better history would be more in line. If i have to "live" with something then it should be something that works and functions as it should.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get all sorts of Pro-pointer issue :(

from it sounding off at times to Falsing

in both cases I need to shut it off & back on to reset it :(

I don't have the pressure issue because I have a Quarter & a clad Dollar in the Cap
to hold the Battery tight.

I have problems with The rubber off on switch pushing sideways & coming off at times.

the Vibration is Very Weak :(

It won't signal on tiny objects like 22 Casings

Can be very irritating, But unfortunately would be worse to not have it at all,
So it is not like I can send it in again
to see if they would actually fix it this Time :(

[h=1][/h]

2 coins in the cap. I use a Quarter & a Clad Dollar, simply because I dug the clad dollar & it
is the only thing they are good for.

But 2 Quarters or 2 Clad Dollars will hold the Battery still

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love the pro pointer but thats only when it works many times the thing is going off in mid air going off on nothing but dirt beeping and falsing ...maybe garrett will do a factory recall to fix there mistakes lets all hold our breathe and wait

sailoffwithme

May 19, 2014
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, pro pointer, AT Gold, Vulcan pointer
NEL 15 inch coil amazing
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my switch failed after a week getting a new one

sailoffwithme

May 19, 2014
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, pro pointer, AT Gold, Vulcan pointer
NEL 15 inch coil amazing
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yeah mine was sitting in the sun today and went nuts after I finely got it to stay on. had to turn it off and click it a dozen times to come back on was fine after that

thommo59

Mar 6, 2014
Australia
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Garrett AT PRO
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow,
I have one in the mail at the moment, you're not instilling me with a great deal of confirdence

Beepin Husker

Feb 20, 2014
Husker Country
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, Garrett AT Pro, 2 Garrett Pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, I have one in the mail at the moment, you're not instilling me with a great deal of confirdence
You'll like it! Just keep it dry, don't dig with it and it'll be fine! It's not a shovel, that's what the Lesche is for... There are some good ideas on here for the ProPointer about waterproofing, putting Plasti-dip on the tip to keep from scratching and a tip about electrical tape over the speaker to keep the dirt out and keeps it a lil quieter... Pick and choose which ones are good for you and your situation.

Dig on!

pkb

Feb 10, 2013
Dallas
Detector(s) used
Two Garrett AT PRO's, two Garrett pro pointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
first off its a pin pointer, not a digging tool. Garrett will fix them . Two year warranty I believe.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread