Probably my coolest find yet!

M

michigan michael

Hey everyone. I never expected to pull this out of the ground on a quarter signal at a school. It was beautiful! I had a 4" plug and seen my quarters edge sticking out the side. I slid out the quarter to reveal a eagle medal with national defense over the top. :o That was a shock! I have not ever dug anything like it. I do not know anything about it so if any of you have seen one or know about it, please shower me with info! Thanks for all the future help! :thumbsup: I also posted on what is it?

Attachments

• nd.jpg
    nd.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 264
  • nd2.jpg
    nd2.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 267
  • nd3.jpg
    nd3.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 268
  • nd.jpg
    nd.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 264
  • nd2.jpg
    nd2.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 272
  • nd3.jpg
    nd3.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 266

postalgriff

Silver Member
Aug 7, 2008
Southern Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see someone got you a quick ID in the what is it forum....very nice find, congrats :thumbsup: I love digging up cool relics, its the unknown that keeps driving you. I find myself saying, ok lets see what we got here at 4.5 inches...lol. HH

R AND R

Jan 25, 2009
Menominee, MI
Detector(s) used
Tesoro-Sidewinder,Stingray 2, Bandito Classic, 1265X w/ Hot Head 12, BHID 9.5 coil and Garrett ACE 2fiddy!
National Defense Service Medal 1951-Present, I have this one. Cool find!! on Mermorial day too.

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool find MM! Those tot lots are really producing for you. :icon_thumleft:

HH

Giant056

Silver Member
Jun 10, 2007
Southwest Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Made in U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great score on the National defense medal :thumbsup: I was issued one and have dug 2 but the one that I was issued was stolen along with my dress greens many moons ago!

OP
OP
M

michigan michael

Giant056 said:
Great score on the National defense medal :thumbsup: I was issued one and have dug 2 but the one that I was issued was stolen along with my dress greens many moons ago!
That sickens me. Nothing worse than a thief. Sorry to hear about that. Sure glad you were able to recover one for yourself though. HH

OP
OP
M

michigan michael

R AND R said:
National Defense Service Medal 1951-Present, I have this one. Cool find!! on Mermorial day too.
I thought the same thing. I was near this spot a few days earlier and did not find it. What is the chance it comes out on Memorial Day?

OP
OP
M

michigan michael

Michiganne said:
Cool find MM! Those tot lots are really producing for you. :icon_thumleft:

HH
Still silverless though...... VERY THANKFUL for what I have recovered though. I have asked permission on a few old locations but, have not been successful yet. (except for 1) maybe I need a new approach.
HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread