Probably my coolest find yet!

xmarks73

Jan 1, 2011
S.E Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Ace 250, and AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been working a sidewalk lately and have been skunked pretty hard. I am finding a lot of pull tabs which tells me, this is not the 1st time the sidewalk has been torn up. :(
I had a $1.00/ $.50 signal that I was sure was going to be more iron. I dug and dug and dug until I had to toss my shovel aside (gravel top/ a digger will not do) and lay down with my hand digger. I am 12" in and know its some sort of large iron piece now. I figured I went this far, I was going to see what it was. I started pulling dirt out with my hand when I seen a white pipe laying on its side. My exact words, " Holy Sh*t!" I was a lil bummed to see the front missing but was very pleased to see it 90% in tact! This is a very cool piece that is setting in my curio cabinet now. I am not sure if this would be considered a banner find, but it deffinately is a rare piece in my collection. Thanks for looking...... Lol :laughing9: Oh yeah, The signal turned out to be an old stove top circle that was another 2 inches or so below the pipe! What are the chances? ;D

Attachments

• pipebefore.jpg
    pipebefore.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 1,004
  • pipebefore3.jpg
    pipebefore3.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 1,006
  • pipe2.jpg
    pipe2.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 1,002
  • pipe3.jpg
    pipe3.jpg