Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Silver Saver

Mar 15, 2017
Center of North America
Detector(s) used
Etrac- Sunray x5, x8, x12. Garrett Carrot.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have tried for two days to send a PM. I have a title, content, and recipient's user name which is correct all filled in but when I try to submit it asks me to enter a recipient and the recipient I had entered is not there. I re-enter reciprient and get the same message. What's up here?
Does the recipient name pop up to click on when you enter it in the box? If so then IDK! Was gonna say if it doesn't, maybe they use special characters and would need to copy/paste the name

OP
OP
gunsil

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Ron, it seems I can reply but not originate a PM. I replied to you, then tried creating and sending a new PM again today with no luck. I have tried two different computers, same result. When I tried again today I noticed that after I fill in recipient's name when I fill in the title the addressee disappears. Then I type in the recipient again (title still there) when I type in the message the recipient disappears again. I go back and enter recipient (title and message still there) but when I hit send message the recipient has disappeared again and I get a warning I need to fill in recipient.

I had had a previous conversation with member, went back to old messages and sent my new message as a reply to a 6 month old conversation and message went through.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Ron, it seems I can reply but not originate a PM. I replied to you, then tried creating and sending a new PM again today with no luck. I have tried two different computers, same result. When I tried again today I noticed that after I fill in recipient's name when I fill in the title the addressee disappears. Then I type in the recipient again (title still there) when I type in the message the recipient disappears again. I go back and enter recipient (title and message still there) but when I hit send message the recipient has disappeared again and I get a warning I need to fill in recipient.

I had had a previous conversation with member, went back to old messages and sent my new message as a reply to a 6 month old conversation and message went through.

Go to member's profile, click on it, click on "start conversation" then type message.

If you are just typing their name and you Don't get a small profile box with their name then it will not work as software has not recognized the addressee.

Below is example of what I mean.

1000002141.jpg

OP
OP
gunsil

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, TH. When I type in user name it does change to show his name and avatar. Could it possibly be that my mailbox has old conversations from him still there?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When it shows his avatar click on it, that tells the software they are the recipient.

Type your message then hit "start conversation " at bottom of text box.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread