Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You sure your battery is getting a full charge? Check you charger. The Excal goes nuts when the battery goes below min charge.... Just a suggestion, I have never used the SE PRO, but own Excals, Sov GTs, and Safari....

fmerg

Nov 1, 2008
kingston ny
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
minelab quattro, explorer se pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
more then likely your running the sensitivity to hot

OP
OP
metaldetectingtaylor

metaldetectingtaylor

Mar 21, 2011
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Surprisingly I lowered my sensitivity and my battery was fullycharged but thanks anyways guys. Maybe it will work better tomoro

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not much to go on. Did you do a factory restart? That almost always clears up problems. Also make sure you're not catching something like a can bug spray in your pocket... I know that from experience!

Wallhangers

Jul 28, 2008
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, T2 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Occassionally this happens to me as well. Can't explain it but it could be with interference from power lines above or under ground, or I have been into soil that makes it go crazy before also. Sometimes if I stop to dig and start up again, it will do it for a bit. I have had to shut if off, walk away from the area I am at and re-start it. Lots of possibilities. Also make sure you keep the coil clean under the protective cover. Good luck.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure_Hunter said:
You sure your battery is getting a full charge? Check you charger. The Excal goes nuts when the battery goes below min charge.... Just a suggestion, I have never used the SE PRO, but own Excals, Sov GTs, and Safari....

Not the same on an Explorer. The detector runs the same until it turns off, with the exception of hearing the low battery indicator.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wallhangers said:
Occassionally this happens to me as well. Can't explain it but it could be with interference from power lines above or under ground, or I have been into soil that makes it go crazy before also. Sometimes if I stop to dig and start up again, it will do it for a bit. I have had to shut if off, walk away from the area I am at and re-start it. Lots of possibilities. Also make sure you keep the coil clean under the protective cover. Good luck.

Usually with interference you'll hear sort of a pulsing sound. It's just a different type of noise than sounds more similar to signals. Most problems with coils tend to be low tone and interference maybe low to med. tone. Very high sense and low disc. would make the detector pretty chirpy around iron but that doesn't really sound like what is being described.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iron Patch said:
Treasure_Hunter said:

Not the same on an Explorer. The detector runs the same until it turns off, with the exception of hearing the low battery indicator.

Thank you IP, :notworthy: I stand corrected...

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Out of the blue it happened and I have ground balanced it several times now and even changed coils but no luck.
You can't ground balance an SE Pro or any Explorer. It automatically ground balances itself after you turn on your unit and continue to swing your coil. What I think you meant to say was you did a noise cancel in hopes of silencing any Electrical interference in the area. Electrical interference can be above and/or below the ground. I've been in plenty of sites with highly mineralized, sandy/loamy soil that made the SE chirp/false quite a bit with every swing. Sometimes you just have to live with it and simply listen through all the noise if you want to find what you're looking for in that type of ground.

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread