Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got the works for the Sov.GT great machine i wanted the Sun Ray search probe and a hip mount bag , Minlab provides the slide track where the probe goes on the rod so i put it there i took off the control box and put it in the hip mount bag, fine so far ::) i put the hip mount bag on my right hip it hangs low iam 6-4 so i keep the detector at full length ,i try it out and find that i cant swing the darn thing because the wire coming out of the search probe is to short that goes into the bottom of the hip bag i cant swing the detector just a half swing and if i kneel down to dig i have to keep the detector right up against me because the wire is only 23 inches >:( question is there a extension wire made to make it longer from the probe to the hip bag :dontknow: only thing i can figure is move the slide track up 6 inches to the bottom of the hand gripe and hopefully i get a full swing .Thanks for any help Jim :thumbsup:

bigtim1973

Oct 12, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes they do make one for them. Dealers who sell minelab should have them in stock. If you know how to solder you can order the plugs both male and female(these were designed for ham radio equipment) and some 5 conductor wire and solder you one up as long as you need. I am sure some dealers on here at t'net may even have one is stock, Tim

OP
OP
Deepdiger60

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bigtim1973 said:
Yes they do make one for them. Dealers who sell minelab should have them in stock. If you know how to solder you can order the plugs both male and female(these were designed for ham radio equipment) and some 5 conductor wire and solder you one up as long as you need. I am sure some dealers on here at t'net may even have one is stock, Tim
Thanks for that information Tim :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread