Problem with the Deus coil?

PhillyMike68

Nov 27, 2013
Philadelphia
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, AT PRO, XP DEUS,CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sounds like i may have a problem. I've had the deus since December and used it aprox 10 to 12 times. The other day i had it out and for no apparent reason, it started going crazy, lots of chatter. I tried adjusting the sens, it didn't help. I was in relic mode, in the middle of the woods. It didn't matter if i held the coil straight up to the sky, it wouldn't stop. The only thing that worked was bumping the coil. After bumping the coil, it would be fine for awhile then act up again. The other problem i had was the pin point would lock up and not shut off. Anyone ever hear of this? It didn't stop me from finding a colonial copper though.. haha. The signals come in loud and clear, its the random noise. I don't want to keep bumping the coil. Should I send it back? Thanks for your thoughts and suggestions..

ggossage

May 18, 2009
Eastern Nebraska
After you've done as much troubleshooting as you can (and after all the folks here chime in to help you), then yes, send the coil in with your headphones and remote....call Moe at XP first. Good luck. Oh, I had something very similar: Success With EMI

OP
OP
P

PhillyMike68

Nov 27, 2013
Philadelphia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
After you've done as much troubleshooting as you can (and after all the folks here chime in to help you), then yes, send the coil in with your headphones and remote....call Moe at XP first. Good luck. Oh, I had something very similar: Success With EMI
Thanks, i'll give Mo a call and check out the link..

chiefdanaho

Jun 6, 2013
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hello mike, did you check between the coil and cover for debris? sometimes grass / grit etc can get in there and cause issues..

ellis

OP
OP
P

PhillyMike68

Nov 27, 2013
Philadelphia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
hello mike, did you check between the coil and cover for debris? sometimes grass / grit etc can get in there and cause issues..

ellis
I didn't try that but i will. It's way to cold here in Philly, i'll have to wait until it warms up. The thing that concerns me is, if you bang the coil,it clears up. According to the EMI article, its a coil issue. I'll call Deus tomorrow and see what they say.

ggossage

May 18, 2009
Eastern Nebraska
I suspect you'll end up sending the three components in, but one thing you might try is to add ground notch and see if that clears up the problem. See ground notch instructions around the 2 minute mark of this video:

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I didn't try that but i will. It's way to cold here in Philly, i'll have to wait until it warms up. The thing that concerns me is, if you bang the coil,it clears up. According to the EMI article, its a coil issue. I'll call Deus tomorrow and see what they say.

This could be caused by many many things. Hard to test them until you can get outside a bit. Try changing frequencies first. Sounds like EMI.

OP
OP
P

PhillyMike68

Nov 27, 2013
Philadelphia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This could be caused by many many things. Hard to test them until you can get outside a bit. Try changing frequencies first. Sounds like EMI.
It is FREEEEEZZZING in Philly!! I don't think its gonna thaw out until June.... haha

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread