Problem with x-terra 705 or not ?

jhen999

Apr 17, 2014
Northern Califorina
Detector(s) used
Whites 5000D..Whites Classic 3 SL with Mr. Bill mods..Whites MXT...Minelab X-terra 705..Minelab Explorer SE Pro..Whites DFX..Minelab E-trac...Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Longhair

May 26, 2012
Backside Of Nowhere In Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2,
Fisher 1280X,
MineLab Xterra 705,
MineLab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is not normal. I've never had mine lock up.
Have you ever done a factory reset? Might not be a bad idea. It can straighten out a lot of things, some of which are accumulative.
Not saying that it might not be a problem, but return rate on Xterra's is really low.

chopperdog

May 18, 2014
Indianapolis, IN
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO / Minelab X-Terra 705 /Minelab 505 / XP Deus / Makro Racer 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I agree with Longhair, try a factory reset, also, remove the batteries and then reinstall them. If they are low, replace them. My 705 has never frozen, but I have had other electronics to do so. Usually the reset / battery trick will fix. If not, I'd get it back to ML while still under warranty. Did you try changing coils?

OP
OP
J

jhen999

Apr 17, 2014
Northern Califorina
Detector(s) used
Whites 5000D..Whites Classic 3 SL with Mr. Bill mods..Whites MXT...Minelab X-terra 705..Minelab Explorer SE Pro..Whites DFX..Minelab E-trac...Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One other thing it does is freeze up in a mode that I am detecting in , like I,ll be in AM mode and hit a target and push pin point to center it and it well freeze there or I,ll be in a disc. mode and hit the pin point and it will freeze, by pushing the pin point again it will start to work again....I,ll try the factory per sit the next time I am out and see if that helps....Thanks

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hopefully a factory reset helps, because what you are describing sure isn't normal.

EARL51

Nov 4, 2006
MA
Detector(s) used
Minelab XTerra 70
I have that happen to my x-terra 70 while beach hunting. Pinpoint will lock on. Shut it off and back on, no biggie. Doesn't do it often enough to worry about.

OP
OP
J

jhen999

Apr 17, 2014
Northern Califorina
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Earl51...That's what I was thinking, don't happen often , and I just turn it off and back on or push the pin point on and off...if it get any worse I,ll send it in and have it looked at...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread