Problems with Explorer SE.......

TominCincy

Dec 26, 2008
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Whites V3, Shadow X5, Explorer SE, Garret Infinium
Ok I have the Pro coil on my SE and a lot of times when I bump the ground or other objects near the ground my explorer sounds off. When I lift the coil of the ground and hit the coil with my hand it does not make a sound. Has anyone ever had this problem, or know what is going on?????
Even with my sensitivity turned down it still sounds off when I hit something on the ground Does anyone know what is going on????
Please note, although no boardcode and smiley buttons are shown, they are still useable

Nick A

May 10, 2007
Columbus Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Fisher CZ3D
Are your connections all tight? If you have a Sunray probe, have you checked all those connections? Even the one inside the shaft? Those are my first thoughts. You may want to ask this on the Explorer forum or the Explorer classroom forum for more responses.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Undo the plugs, put them back in and make sure they're tight, restart the detector back to factory presets. Go into auto sense so your not picking up much interference if you're home, and try tapping the coil wire at the bottom of the coil. If the coil is bad each time you hit it there will be a low tone. Sounds more like a coil problem than a detector one. At least at this point.

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another [possibility is the battery. To test out this theory, rap your hand on the shaft near the control box, if you get a response it may be a battery problem. The reason you don't get a sound when you tap the coil is you inverted it? If not the battery is not a problem. You may remove the coil from the end of the shaft and tap it with your hand, This isolates the coils from the case and definitely points to a coil problem.

Ed D.

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had this happen with 3 different detectors. 2 Garretts and the SE. I didn't think it was a problem. It only happens when I bump it on a clump of grass or roots around a tree. Also, and only if the coil raises.

DANGLANGLEY

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread