All Treasure Hunting

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't heard anything about those coils causing problems with the MXT, but have had some bottles caps that have a bouncing VDI reading thats goes into the 90's so yep you will hear them with max disc. When I would dig those bottle caps up I would lose the target when I had them out on my hand towel because of my disc setting because once I would dig them up they would read as iron. If your still finding coins and other stuff I don't think you have a problem with your detector, but those bottle caps I'm finding have a bouncing VDI at 70's to 80's then usually 90 or 92, I can usually tell by how they read but hate not to dig that VDI as I've had some deep silver bounce around on the VDI. I'm using the whites D2 coil when reading bottle caps like that and have heard others say they are bottle cap magnets but they are deep silver magnets to so I don't have a problem digging bottle caps for the deep silver. That D2 coil has awesome depth for sure I've hit silver dimes at 10"+ with that coil, its my favorite coil for those deep coins. HH

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't use any after market coils on my detectors .... Heard some bad stories from some that used them ........ So the only coils i will use on my detectors are the ones made by the detector maker that made the detector.........

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been using the SEF 15"x18" Butterfly coil on my Sov GT for close to a year now and not a single problem with it and my SOV GTdetector. There are a lot of hunters splicing the SEF 12"x15" Butterfly coil on their Excals and know of none that have had a problem with it....

OP
OP
MUD(S.W.A.T)

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keppy said:
I don't use any after market coils on my detectors .... Heard some bad stories from some that used them ........ So the only coils i will use on my detectors are the ones made by the detector maker that made the detector.........

See, that's what i'm looking for.... :o Please, if you know of bad stories or things that have happend please share. This information its critical... :notworthy: :icon_thumleft:

Keep @ it and HH !! :laughing7:

Daedalus

Feb 2, 2011
Strafford , Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT / MineLab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mud do a little more research and check out the coil and connections . Check the setup and make sure that you have not missed anything or got a setup wrong. I know because I have done this also. It is easy to do.

I am not saying that this is what the issue is , but check as most of the guys I go with use those coils and love them and are not having anything mess up with them.

And it could be nothing more than a bad coil if that is it and all company's have made a few of those.

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you still making good finds with the detector, is the bottle cap issue the only problem your having?

OP
OP
MUD(S.W.A.T)

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No wingmaster, the machine is having problems picking up targets at any depth. (more than 2 inches) It is not I.Ding right. :icon_scratch: I've sent the machine into Whites for an overhaul... :icon_thumleft: I 'm going to send the SEF coil in too. :headbang: I was wondering the same questions about the Sunray Probe ??? :dontknow:

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you have any other coils besides the SEF coil? Let us know what whites finds out with the detector, hope you get it taken care of. I do know someone that hunts with the SEF coils all the time with the whites V3i but he doesn't have any problems. HH

bigtim1973

Oct 12, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MUD(S.W.A.T) said:
No wingmaster, the machine is having problems picking up targets at any depth. (more than 2 inches) It is not I.Ding right. :icon_scratch: I've sent the machine into Whites for an overhaul... :icon_thumleft: I 'm going to send the SEF coil in too. :headbang: I was wondering the same questions about the Sunray Probe ??? :dontknow:

What happens when your put the stock coil back on? Does the detector still not work right? Tim

OP
OP
MUD(S.W.A.T)

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, the other coils act the same the machine won't work right. :icon_scratch: I asked whites if they could really look it over I swore it was not right. :o They are going to field test it now. :hello2: What about the Sunray can it interfere ? :dontknow:

Keep @ It and HH !! ;D :D

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't have a sunray but would try it without the sunray for sure to see if its in that setup your having the problem. Have you tried the detector without the sunray hooked up? If so and your still having problems I would send it to whites in Sweet Home Oregon they will fix it up and don't charge much if its not under the 2yr warranty.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread