productive day at the river

huntress104

Apr 6, 2011
kentucky
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Got out on my first hunt of 2014 today. I found 4 whole points and a triangle, 3 scrapers, several broken ends of knives, and four whole knives/tools, and of course the usual heart breakers. All in all I had a great day.

102.JPG my haul for the day

081.JPG 086.JPG 087.JPG
088.JPG 092.JPG 101.JPG
103.JPG 105.JPG 107.JPG
108.JPG 110.JPG 111.JPG

Upvote 0

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And a nice haul it was. Good to see were able to get out and do a hunt. I sure have missed seeing all of the killer finds you have. Glad to have you back, rock.

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was a great day and that is a killer river, looks like I see flakes laying around in one photo. Great finds:notworthy:

painterx7

Silver Member
Jul 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow that is an outstanding day !!!! Thanks for sharing

catherine1

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW!! Nice artifact finds. I never find anything in my creek.

larson1951

Silver Member
Apr 8, 2009
North Dakota
Detector(s) used
tesoro
Primary Interest:
Other
well huntress you better go back there some more times
you might find some terrible nice bunches of artifacts

larson1951

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a great day! Sometimes if you can find just one its a good day and you found several. I really like that square knife. What do you think about it? I have found one sorta like that.

OP
OP
huntress104

huntress104

Apr 6, 2011
kentucky
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
That is a great day! Sometimes if you can find just one its a good day and you found several. I really like that square knife. What do you think about it? I have found one sorta like that.

I think I like it a lot too. Finding those knives and whole points really get my heart pumping! I found one similar to it on my neighbor's farm. The edges were serrated and it was very sharp. Just amazes me how they got such a sharp edge on a rock...

OP
OP
huntress104

huntress104

Apr 6, 2011
kentucky
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
That was a great day and that is a killer river, looks like I see flakes laying around in one photo. Great finds:notworthy:

yes you do see flakes laying around on the ground. There are thousands of them along with big chunks that have been chipped off. This area has a lot of different kinds of flint. Some red, some blue, some quartz, light gray, and black. A lot of the flint has the "bullseye" look with the swirls in it. The one broken knife piece in pic #8 is made of this kind.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is this the cave site you hunted last year? :icon_scratch: Hard to remember all the hunts :tongue3:

SCrocks

May 11, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some great looking artifacts! I'd be back there again soon.

OP
OP
huntress104

huntress104

Apr 6, 2011
kentucky
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Is this the cave site you hunted last year? :icon_scratch: Hard to remember all the hunts :tongue3:

No this spot is just an open field. There is a bluff at one end of the field but it has fell in over the years and you can't get under it. The whole front is sitting right down on the ground. No telling what one could find there if you could get to it. It would take nothing short of a stick of dynamite to do that.

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
If I had a day like that I would be one very happy fella...

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I like it a lot too. Finding those knives and whole points really get my heart pumping! I found one similar to it on my neighbor's farm. The edges were serrated and it was very sharp. Just amazes me how they got such a sharp edge on a rock...

I heard someone say that some of those rock knives were sharper than modern scalpels. I believe we've lost lots of knowledge from the past that we may never completely understand.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions