Productive Sunday

georgia flatlander

May 21, 2017
Southeastern U.S. (Georgia)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took my brother hunting and we found some nice artifacts.

Finding an unbroken drill is always a thrill
IMG_0957.jpg

This is obviously a resharpened point due to the thinness, but I can't figure out which type. It was found a few inches from the reddish-pink one that it's near in the photo.
IMG_0954.jpg

IMG_3244.JPG

IMG_3250.JPG

Upvote 0

Junkironkid

Mar 23, 2012
MS
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are really nice. I found one similar to yours Sunday. The thin reddish pink one.

arrow86

Silver Member
May 6, 2014
Eastern Shore Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds , some killer points in there , that drill is amazing even the color is awesome and that point in last pic closest to the drill is deadly looking do you know what type it is ?

OP
OP
G

georgia flatlander

May 21, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds , some killer points in there , that drill is amazing even the color is awesome and that point in last pic closest to the drill is deadly looking do you know what type it is ?

It's an Adena Waubesa, as far as I can tell. Same as the one next to it. We find a lot of those at that particular site. The picture shows a mixture of artifacts from two different sites.

willjo

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2015
Twin City, Ga.
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 350 and Garrett ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice selection of old points.

arrow86

Silver Member
May 6, 2014
Eastern Shore Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's an Adena Waubesa, as far as I can tell. Same as the one next to it. We find a lot of those at that particular site. The picture shows a mixture of artifacts from two different sites.

They are both great looking points, the bifurcated serrated points are nice too

Last edited:

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That sure looks like you had a pretty good outing.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is the material of the drill? Dont think I have ever seen one like it before the paddle end is so round. You had a good day out.

OP
OP
G

georgia flatlander

May 21, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is the material of the drill? Dont think I have ever seen one like it before the paddle end is so round. You had a good day out.
It's a chert, but not one that I've seen here. It was found with 2 Big Sandy's, so it's very old. I can't imagine anyone using something so well made, so maybe it was just decorative. There are no wear marks or chips that show usage, and no damage whatsoever. Its very rare for us to find a whole drill of any type.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a chert, but not one that I've seen here. It was found with 2 Big Sandy's, so it's very old. I can't imagine anyone using something so well made, so maybe it was just decorative. There are no wear marks or chips that show usage, and no damage whatsoever. Its very rare for us to find a whole drill of any type.

Rare for me to find a whole one to. I have found mostly broken ones like tips and bases

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions