Program for small gold in freshwater

mission101

Oct 3, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1497733690.389866.jpg
I ran some air tests xp Deus and was able to pick up the small gold ring at 2" by modifying the Wet Beach program by setting reactivity to 1 and sensitivity to 92. When I tried it in the freshwater lake with sandy bottom there was so much chatter I had to switch back to the wet beach program even though it has a lot of chatter too but I can filter it out. Does anyone have a suggestion to target small gold in freshwater without all the chatter ? The Wet beach program is still decent I find more small gold with that setting than my sand shark.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wet Beach program is intended for wet sand areas of SALTWATER beaches. The main thing with Wet Beach is that it sets Ground Balance (GB) to Beach mode which allows you to adjust GB to the lower numbers associated with Salt Beach conductivity (i.e., GB < 30). If your freshwater beach is not GB at these low numbers, there is no need to switch GB to beach mode, and just keeping it normal is fine and matching GB to the actual reading. What was the GB reading at your FW lake?

Your post is a little confusing - you said you modified the Wet Beach program by increasing sensitivity and lowering reactivity, but it was too chatty when you had it in the water so you switched back to Wet Beach program. But if all you did was increase sensitivity and alter reactivity from the Wet Beach defaults, the only thing that should have increased chatter was Sensitivity. You say you can "filter it out", how exactly are you doing that?

Try this as an alternative to the Wet Beach program.

Alter the wet beach program by simply changing GB to from Beach to Normal and see how chatty the machine becomes (be sure to match the GB reading). Also check the mineralization bargraph on the right sIde of the display. High mineralization means that you may want to lower TX power (expert setting under sensitivity) from 2 to 1. If your machine gets less chatty with GB in normal vice beach mode, then that is the way to go and you can increase Sensitivity from the default setting of 85 until it gets too chatty. Note a couple of other subtle changes in the Wet Beach program that I personally think may not be desirable, it lowers Audio Response to 1 which means that deep targets will sound really faint. I suggest raising it back to 3 or 4. Reacitivity is a little high IMO, I suggest lowering it back to 2 or even 1 (note that when you change reactivity, you have to check the Silencer Setting which will increase from -1, after you change reactivity, lower Silencer back to 0 or -1 (off) to maximize depth. Higher values of silencer introduce a filter that kills depth. Keep Frequency at 18 khz which is ideal for small gold.

Note that Wet Beach Mode is basically Deus fast except that GB = Beach vice Normal mode, Sensitivity is 85 vice 90, Audio Response is 1 vice 4, and Disc is at 10 vice 6.8, and Iron Volume is at 0 vice 3 (doesn't matter if using full tones). Both have Reactivity at 3 with Silencer set to -1 (off) the only preset modes that turn silencer Off (that is why I like Deus fast as the base program for all my custom programs). Happy Hunting and let us know if it gets less chatty with GB in Normal.

Happy Hunting.

OP
OP
mission101

mission101

Oct 3, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for the excellent reply I am going to test these settings and report on the results.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions