Project Bell

Tommi

Sep 19, 2005
Australia
Detector(s) used
Famous-Trails-MD9100 ACE250-PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK, I sorta worked around the problem, it's dodgie, but it works.

1st Photo - Dual Power Setup totalling 700mA
2nd Photo - The size of the bell inside the new larger container
3rd Photo - Waste water from about 1hour of use
4th Photo - The bell before shot.

EDIT - This is a follow on from my Tom's Electrolysis Setup -
The problem was that the power supply was over heating, to fix it... I've used two.

Attachments

• dual_power_setup.jpg
    dual_power_setup.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 300
  • dual_power_cleaning_bell.jpg
    dual_power_cleaning_bell.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 298
  • Dual_power_waste_water.jpg
    Dual_power_waste_water.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 297
  • bell_before.jpg
    bell_before.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 294
OP
OP
Tommi

Tommi

Sep 19, 2005
Australia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, I've finished, I don't want to do anymore on it ... to shiny sometimes isn't that nice.
:)

Attachments

• bell_after.jpg
    bell_after.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 279
  • bell_after.jpg
    bell_after.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 272

1liquigirl

Jun 13, 2005
Bellefonte, PA
Tommi, The bell is beautiful. How did it come to be yours? Did you dig this up? Just curious as to its age and any history you have. Thanks for the post.

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
I was going to ask if this was a re-post, but by the date I would guess that I look at it and forgot to reply...
That is a great looking bell, very nice... Sorry about the late reply...
Good luck, & Happy hunting~

A

Angela (Australia)

Hello Tommi,
What a beautiful bell! How did you come by it, detecting? Also, what detector are you currently using? Where do you go to hunt? Just curious!
Cheers Angela :)

OP
OP
Tommi

Tommi

Sep 19, 2005
Australia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow sorry about the extremely late reply lol :o

When my mum moved to the states I was helping with packing up all her gear and a family friend was moving some items in the backyard and found it half buried in the garden. When I saw it I wanted it as I'm a sucker for anything old and different looking :P
My 1st thoughts were that the bell must be some mass produced cooper replica, but after actually cleaning it up and showing some people they pointed out many things which could make it something of value. One thing is that the bell was damaged at one stage but repaired...

Anyhow, I still don't have my proper metal detector, and I can't say that I actually found this using my metal detector... I still don't regret cleaning it as I'm glade I could see it in the same way when it was actually was made, I bang on it using a wooden spoon to annoy my future to be wife :)
Speaking of marrage, does anyone know where I can find some nice diamond rings as buying them means no MineLabs detector for me for a while....
I tried the line on how I should buy the detector to find the wedding rings... but then I got into trouble when my other half reminded me when I lost her 18ct Gold ring with a decent size ruby which was a family airloom when I decided to try out how good my el-cheepo target metal detector really was....And yes I know I will go down in TH history as one of biggest idiots of all time for that stunt! :-[ ;D

I coulding find it using 2 x MineLabs detectors, setting up a grid over the whole backyard, using lights and rakes and fire and water... it vanished off the face of the planet... and whats worse is we moved house :'(

Angela I haven't been out for a while, I took my el-cheapo detector to the beach but it went crazy everywhere.. thanks for the tips Michigan Badger ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread