Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
prom gowns & bowling balls

Ok my daughter will kill me if she sees I posted this, but I have to share this prom story.
It's my daughters senior prom. She is an artist & a little quirky to say the least. All the girls here are southern bells with all the bells & whistles that go with it. last yr she wore a short dress & broke all the rules of southern belli-ism. This yr whe got a gorgeous long gown, but wore hi top sneakers with it. She was just toooo cute! We live in a pretty "financially challenged" co, so prom was at school in the gym. After, they all went bowling. guys in their tuxes girls in their gowns. the other girls had heels, so had to wear the legit bowling shoes, but they let my daughter pass cuz her sneakers were new. of course seeing them bowl in their fancy duds must have been great, but lets get down to buisness. My daughter looks like an old time movie starlett, a real beauty, & she looked sooo elegant in her gown, hair & make up perfect, poised cool & calm. she laughs all the time & has a very easy going outllook on life, always ready for fun. She is up to bowl - - gives her best aim, & - - - down she goes! tripped on her dress. lands spread eagle on her belly, with everyone looking, but that is not the end of it. somehow the bowling ball went up in the air, & landed on her butt! which caused the dress to poof up & shows the world her "boxers" don't know how, but the ball actually slowly rolled down the lane & took out a couple pins!! I guess all the layers of fluff under the dress kept the ball from doing any damage to her back side. She said the whole place broke out in laughter, & she & her girlfriends were laughing so hard that with the tightness of the gowns they were needing fainting couches!! the dates had to hold them up! These type of incidents seem to happen often in our family, so she wasn't horrified or embarrased she just figured if that was the worst that happened on prom night she could live with it. It is a senior prom that will not be forgotten soon.

K*E*L*L*Y

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: prom gowns & bowling balls

thats a great story! i love the prom dress and hi-tops! thats great!

B

BIG61AL

Sound like a wonderful memory for the later years.

OP
OP
mamabear

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other

It will be a great memory for yrs to come, but right now she is using it to entertain the teachers. story telling runs in the family, & they love having her share her adventures with them cuz she is so vivid with her recitations I'm just glad she can accept who she is , a little clutsy, a little quirky & a lot fun, & be able to enjoy it.

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library

lol

great event and a priceless time, ty for sharing I enjoyed reading

yeah a memory forever for them thats great :thumbsup:

dang I thought we in the late 70s and early 80s were the only ones
that worn high tops back then to prom

wonder where one or if you can still get a white pair of canvas converse :icon_scratch:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread