Proof of concept!

Virgil

Sep 25, 2012
Georgia (And that's as specific as it's gonna get!
Detector(s) used
Eyes and hands, mainly. Sometimes I whip out the ol' sniffer...
Primary Interest:
Other
So... I went out to my honey hole again to pick up more halves. I call the bank that has the good MWRs, and find out something really surprising - Someone just deposited over $800 in CWRs! Now, many would say this sounds suspiciously like a dump. We all know it's much better when they accumulate over time, right? Well, I told him to pull out $860 for me, as that's as many as I could afford. I realized on the way there, though, that I should have asked him to throw in the MWRs first, as I did suspect the new CWRs were a dump. Sure enough, when I got there, he had grabbed all the CWRs, and just two of those sweet, sweet MWRs (Gotta go back for those, obviously). I broke into a few rolls out in the car, just in case, and saw diddly. 'Great', I'm thinking, 'someone's sloppy seconds'. I cruise home feeling a bit melancholy, and start breaking them open. Well, one of the MWRs gave me a 40%er, but the CWRs were nice, too - 2 40%ers, a '64 and an elusive 1987-D, my first! I also got a few former proofs and NIFCs to boot. When I saw all the shiny-looking late 70's and early 80's halves, I had a feeling it wasn't a dump. It just goes to show, always obey the cardinal rule of CRH, at least when it comes to halves - BUY EVERY ROLL, ALWAYS!

Upvote 0

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Buy em all! You can't lose. Technically, every cwr you buy is someone's dump, be it a crh'er, or grandad's stash.

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:hello2: That is how it's done.. Don't ask questions and just take em all..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread