Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Careful ML, it's a deep hole to step into. I stepped into it 20 years ago, still haven't reached the bottom.

To answer your question: yes, there is a very good reason. If you've ever felt the "dowsing response" from an LRL, you might very well agree that there is something there. It's downright eerie and compelling. But it's all a mind trick and is not the least bit real. But, like someone who has hallucinations, it's very real to the person who experiences it, and once they believe it to be real it's almost impossible to convince them it's not.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
motherlode77 : As you can see, Carl is a breath of fresh air. A lot of people who might otherwise have been duped, have read forum posts of his, and been saved a lot of $$ .

Yes. It's all a mind trick. If you take any wand (dowse or LRL) out to a likely ruin or place you already suspect something is. The wave it around at likely looking spots. Then pull out a metal detector to "pinpoint" (that's the ticket). Then dig 100 holes .... then presto, you find something. And you attribute it to the magic wand, eh ? And if you didn't find anything, well durned those solar flares that must've been going on that day.

It's just random chance selective memory psychology trick.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most people never learn to use the swing rod type locators. For some reason just the mention of the word "meditation" makes people cringe. Fear of the unknown I guess for the 99.9%. That's why I've been working on the all electronic LRL--no swing rods. Pretty much damaged what mental health I had left. LOL Even if I get this one working I doubt I will ever recover.

And I'm not talking about the psychic stuff like map dowsing. Any reliability/accuracy is going to suffer. All you have to do is look on the dowsing page. Must be thousands and thousands of "x" and "o" marks. You might think sooner or later somebody would get lucky. It doesn't work that way.

Last edited:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Most people never learn to use the swing rod type locators.....

Yup. That's the explanation. When test efforts fail, or treasure is not found: It's never that the object didn't work. It's that they didn't "learn to use is properly".

If they tried for a week, then they should have tried 2 weeks. If they tried for 2 weeks, then they should try for 2 months. If they tried for 2 months, then they should try for 2 yrs. And so on till infinity. It's never that the system doesn't work.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The manufacturers never tell you most people never learn. People don't want to take the time to learn some form of meditation. So blame the equipment. Delusional skeptics.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The all electronic version I am working on, trying to make it idiot proof for some people who refuse to learn how to meditate. There is technology so it's just time, money, mental health. Nothing like carrying the whole world on your shoulders. If that ain't impossible I don't know what is. LOL

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

motherlode77

Jun 20, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Careful ML, it's a deep hole to step into. I stepped into it 20 years ago, still haven't reached the bottom.

To answer your question: yes, there is a very good reason. If you've ever felt the "dowsing response" from an LRL, you might very well agree that there is something there. It's downright eerie and compelling. But it's all a mind trick and is not the least bit real. But, like someone who has hallucinations, it's very real to the person who experiences it, and once they believe it to be real it's almost impossible to convince them it's not.

Yeah it seems from just perusing a bit that it's a mental black hole some get sucked into, and as you can see, no one here has replied with tangible reasons.

OP
OP
M

motherlode77

Jun 20, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I posted this to hear what LRLers have to say, as I think theoretically harmonic discrimination could be possible

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
The manufacturers never tell you most people never learn. People don't want to take the time to learn some form of meditation. So blame the equipment. Delusional skeptics.

Signal line, I love your passion. Fascinating.

As I said: It's never that a device doesn't work. It's only that the tester/user didn't practice long enough. No amount of double-blind testing, by anyone wishing to test it, will ever be conclusive . Therefore we can dismiss anything Carl -NC says. Because, of course: "Those persons didn't take the time to learn it".

Ok. Got it.

Then what's to stop me from applying this very same fall-back fail-safe explanation for a tennis shoe covered with peanut butter ? Throw it in the air, and where it lands, is pointing to treasure. If you don't find treasure, then it doesn't mean the shoe doesn't work. It merely means you need more practice, weren't patient, etc...

It's indisputable. Which is what makes the fail-safe fall-back line so impenetrable.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I posted this to hear what LRLers have to say, as I think theoretically harmonic discrimination could be possible

Harmonic Induction Discrimination. Not "could be", "is". And the skeptics will say "It depends on what your definition of "is" is. LOL

It's not perfect, doesn't work perfectly every time, and this seems to be what he skeptics make their big stink about.

Last edited:

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And unfortunately there are the money grubbers out there. Most every locator on the market is phony, not thoroughly tested, not even made by a person who knows. So yeah, the skeptics have plenty of ammo. I've said many times, there is nothing on the market I think is worth buying. ALL those with control box on a swivel handle, don't waste your time.

Last edited:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Harmonic Induction Discrimination. Not "could be", "is". And the skeptics will say "It depends on what your definition of "is" is. LOL

It's not perfect, doesn't work perfectly every time, and this seems to be what he skeptics make their big stink about.

The problem is, from my understanding of the pseudo-science, is that HID "is" a physical effect that has not been observed by scientists. For a unit to create enough "inductive force" to stimulate nearby metals so their "harmonics" could be detected would be WAY more powerful than the FCC would allow without a broadcast license. Somebody just put three words together. Harmonic - a component of an oscillating wave. Induction - having an electrical or electromagnetic effect on a nearby material without physical contact. And Discrimination is just recognizing a difference between things or materials.

So, the "physics" would be something you are doing or operating is causing a change that can be detected in something some way off. Like a VLF metal detector does now by producing a small transmission and observing how it effects what is in the detection field of the coil. Distance - a few feet.

So, if you hook up a transmitter that, instead of the 500 milliAmps of a AA battery powered unit, operates with a megaWatt power source like a military radar unit you could conceivably cause induction out for some distance in air - miles even - but in soil even that would only penetrate a short distance. You just can't put out enough energy to cause a detectable change in minerals with handheld units over long range. It is not possible. And even if you got the "bounce" to be able to specify the element or material just won't happen. To say "there's a ruby 600 feet that direction" is preposterous. Atoms may "resonate" but once they form molecules or larger structures they do not form a larger chorus all on the same tune.

The name for materials that do produce waves of energy is "radioactive" and they can be detected because of that property. Most elements and minerals are silent in the radio and electro-magnetic frequencies.

Last edited:

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like i say "it all looks good on paper and in the practice area."

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
..... Somebody just put three words together. Harmonic - a component of an oscillating wave. Induction - having an electrical or electromagnetic effect on a nearby material without physical contact. And Discrimination is just recognizing a difference between things or materials......

But Charlie, charlie, charlie: Don't you know that the higher sounding the words, and more $20 words you can string together, then : The more true it becomes ?

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ahhhh. Like "Tabulated Numerological Inspecificitiy" sounds better than "fat-fingered the calculator and made a mistake"?

But, if they are getting these things to work it may just be proof that magic exists. The world is an astonishing place either way. ;-)

OP
OP
M

motherlode77

Jun 20, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Signal, explain more about this, not the theory, but the actual application of HID, real life results, etc.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Signal, explain more about this, not the theory, but the actual application of HID, real life results, etc.

And give away all the secrets? Let me find a stack of gold bars first. Honestly would settle for some jewelry right now. And besides, I don't know all the secrets. LOL

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
All i can say is when i use my rods and they cross over there is always a good find under them and all i have to do to get it is dig one hole. They do work for some like me and do not for others. I do not have any idea why they work for some i at times i think it might be ones body chemistry that helps to make them work.here is what i use and they work for me and they were really cheap i do not have to spend a lot of money to get results............... DSCN0979.JPG .......................................................................... but as you see these are dowsing rods.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread