Property line and ownership.

red

Feb 17, 2005
Lexington, Texas
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ70, Garrett 500
I just read a post about Civil War Battle field hunting and how in some states it's against the law to hunt within 2 miles of a battle site.
Even if you own the land within that 2 miles.
I live in Texas and where the barbed wire or just the property line stops is where you stop but everything on or under the ground on your side is yours even if it's next to a battle field.
If your money bought and paid for it then you own it and not the state.
If the state wants it then they can buy it from me after I find it . If I want to sell it.
I do agree the fine for hunting on a state owned battlefield should be so much that no one would be willing to risk it.
Next thing you know someone will be telling you that you can't own a gun within 100 miles of a city with a pop. over 1.

Red

Upvote 0

PAmike

Feb 20, 2005
Reynoldsville, PA
I hear ya red. This frickin gov't is gett so out of hand it is more and more like communism every day. Heck, have you ever read the communist manifesto? our gov't and it's laws are almost an exact copy of it. next thing you know we will be required to have gov't issued ID, oh wait they just passed that law. Now the next thing will be that we have to salute any gov't official no matter what or we will be arrested.

mike

OP
OP
red

red

Feb 17, 2005
Lexington, Texas
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ70, Garrett 500
Time to lock and load and stand our ground again. Together this time.

DEO VENDICE

PAmike

Feb 20, 2005
Reynoldsville, PA
we need to replenish the ground with relics for the future generations. Mainly badges and buttons from the government trying to take our rights away.

mike

OP
OP
red

red

Feb 17, 2005
Lexington, Texas
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ70, Garrett 500
Mike is right if thats the way they want it.

Hay Stoney your up late also.
I think i picked up some info from the WWATS at the Tyler show Sat. but the man working the table was as friendly as an IRS agent on Monday. :D

Red

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
WWATTS stands for the World Wide Association of Treasure Seekers. I just found out about it recently. You might want to check out their website at: http://www.wwats.org
Red, was online w/kids computer-son in law's birthday-just couldn't stay away for too long LOL. Sorry couldn't make it this weekend. Mecanic promised vehicle would be ready by Sat.-didn't happen >:(. By the way, talked to member of club here, guess what? He has relatives living in Blackburn! Looks like were a cinch to roar right through the town so ya better make sure U have good strong batteries ;)
PAMike, on top of what WWATS is doing, the membership is free. I'd recommend taking a long tour of their site, think you'll find it to your liking. Both of you, HH

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Ah geez you bunch of nuts. You're renting your land. Stop paying taxes and see how long you own it. Nope, there's one thing more than anything else those boys did wrong in putting together a Constitution a couple hundred years ago. Property RIGHTS.

There's a moron across the street who tells me I can't own guns because my backyard is a schoolyard with a little fence separating us. Well I tell him anytime he wants to trade places he'll find out real quick who keeps the bad guys out of his yard when they park out in back of the school to come into the neighborhood for late night curbside shopping. Funnier yet is when the peace lovers call or knock on my door or call here first, then get the cops on the line.

Funny thing how you and me are not the public when it comes to public property, and my yard is my yard at tax time but if I want to put something in my yard that the local, county, state or Feds decide can't go there, well all of sudden it's not my decision to make.

Yep, just say when Red!

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Low, that's one reason I don't vote for many encumbants. By the time they figure out how to work the system, I try to get them outta there.! Too many times public servants forget who put them there.

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
I hate talking about stuff like this but, I was arrested once on my own front porch for public intoxication...
The judge told me that my front porch was public property because the public had access to it...
I told him, " Could I have that in writing, so that when someone slipped and fell on the ice,, they could sue the city, instead of me. ", as you may figure,,, he didn't like that very well.
I'm with ya Red.... It's just about time to tell the government who their working for...
Back in the old days if they tried to do something the people didn't like, the people went down to the town hall and straightened them out real quick. These days you need a permit, and trying to get anyone to go down there with you is almost impossible...
Enough about the idiots,,, let get'er done... ;D

F

foolserrand

First i've ever heard of this practice.... and find it distrurbing to say the least.? >:(

OP
OP
red

red

Feb 17, 2005
Lexington, Texas
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ70, Garrett 500
foolserrand
You gotta remember a lot of us were around when your vote was heard and remember all the protesting that would take place for things that counted and were important not for some fag wanting to marry there true same sex lover. Now them protest need the tear gas turned on them.

We are being controlled by a minority with the power of fear and it's name is US Government. Do you fear the tax man ? You don't dare send your tax in late do you?

Growing up on a farm and seeing how well my dad use to do at farming and to look at it now and see ho well the foreign trade market for farm produce is .
Well where did we get to vote on financially breaking our own farmers so the Gov. can make points with another country.

And you can't even do what you want with your own land and make money with it.

The man that owns the land by the battlefield could make darn good money by charging MDers to hunt on his place. But if he tried it I bet he would be looking at jell time and would prob lose his land to the State Gov.

OK I know we got off of MDing and I apologize. So I'll say lets close this one up. PM me about it if you want.

Red

Ya ll good old boys up north. Drag out your Union Blues and all us good old boys down South well hell we know right where our old Confederate Grays are.
We've kinda been waiting and stocking up on things. ;D

Only this time we are going to be on the same side and we know who the bad guys are. And they are not just the rag heads that were fighting in the mid.east.
We'll keep all the bad guys from crossing the South border and ya ll keep them from the North.
Lock and load on full auto and to hell with the safety . 8)

::) OK thats it this time for now maybe :D

Red

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Red, you're not telling me anything new. We had the Oklahoma Land Run, all you had to do to get 160 acres was be the 1st to put your marker on it, file on it, and prove it up. Now if you want to farm it, sit on it, or whatever ya gotta pay property tax (extortion tax) although the gov. still tells you what you can and cannot grow on it. Lowbatts is right, you don't own it you're just renting it and when you die, you're family has to pay an inheritence tax to boot. Sorry guys, I too tend to run off at the keyboard when I think about it. HH you all and keep swingin'.

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
REVOLUTION AT HAND!?

I'm all for it! Let's take back our lands, our government, make our laws as they once were (hell) let's create a new one too while we're at it! We'll sh!# can all the laws made in the last 30 yrs, and make a new law that "new laws can't be passed"! Also, let's abolish the IRS too!

C

cachenut

Every year they pass more laws. It only gets worse guys. sorry!

viva la revolution!!!

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
somethind strikes me as odd here you ALL are on "target" so lets say what if everyone in the US stopped paying taxes?!they going to put everyone in jail?then take away your rights to do this or that?i think alot of the people in the US need to regrow a pair since they wre"banded"(turm for fixing animals)oh and the IRS is a PRIVATE COMPANY under goverment contract,like the companies suppling the wars across the globe for "OUR" troops!im glad that we "ALL" have a group of people who are fighting for us and coming back to tell the tales of it because they are the ones who will help us,when the defication hits the rotory osilater.keep your freinds close but your enemies closer!

DirtDiggerDaveinMD

Jan 31, 2005
It's just liberalism. You can learn from a book, but you can't learn common sense. Blame the crybaby flower children of the 60's. I know what is good for me, not some 45 year old virgin with a PhD.
I'll keep my guns, smoke cigarettes if I want to, eat a Whopper with cheese, and get shit faced drunk. It's my life. I don't need some sandal wearing, turtle-necked, mocha-latte drinking, tree hugging neo-hippie to tell me how to live my life.

OP
OP
red

red

Feb 17, 2005
Lexington, Texas
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ70, Garrett 500
Darn it sounds like some of you Northern boys have also become Rebels
And now you see what the Southern boys were really fighting against all them years ago. We seen it a comming 145 years ago. Full Gov. controle and the greed for money :P

We need to open a post in everything els for this conversation.

Red

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread