I

Istang

Oct 28, 2012
Cohutta Ga
Detector(s) used
G2, Alpha 2000(5 inch coil)
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have read it.... Many times.... But I live quite a distance away from Cleveland, ga. But yet in still uncertain about irate veins since this is all new to me.

BangTango

Feb 24, 2009
Go back and read the threads. They will put you on the gold! That is what I did when I moved up here. Look for a club to join in your area. Also, join the GPAA if you wish, that will help too.
Good luck to you, and post any questions here, there will be someone that answers them. Bang

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have got gold fever at the moment and I'm just curious whee to start looking ... I live in north ga and I read somewhere in this forum that gold is in every stream in north ga.... And I'm still having trouble identifying a quartz vein... Any advice

Guess what... no need to be able to identify a quartz vein to pan for gold. Just go to a creek and take a gold pan and shovel. Dig along the inside bends of the creek as deep as you can, fill your pan about half full with that material and pan out everything down to the black sand and then start looking for gold in the pan by slowly washing the black sand away from the edges of the pan. Hopefully you'll see little specks of gold shining through the edges of the black sand :icon_thumleft:

That's how you get started. Of course it helps to learn some proper panning techniques first. If you need some hands on instruction by an expert I would suggest joining a local prospecting club.

Go for the gold,
GG~

OP
OP
I

Istang

Oct 28, 2012
Cohutta Ga
Detector(s) used
G2, Alpha 2000(5 inch coil)
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Have u heard of anyone finding any gold around Whitfield county area?

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have got gold fever at the moment and I'm just curious whee to start looking ... I live in north ga and I read somewhere in this forum that gold is in every stream in north ga.... And I'm still having trouble identifying a quartz vein... Any advice

My advice is to hit your local library, and start researching gold strikes in your area. You find gold where gold has been found before. While the may be gold in Georgia streams, much of it is micro-gold. I know quite a few Georgia gold prospectors, and not one of them has ever paid for their gasoline, much less their equipment. Before your gold fever infects your wallet, do your due dilligence. Join a club, learn the ropes, and curb your expectations.

I'm sorry if I sound like "Debbie Downer," but somebody needs to tell you that is is HIGHLY unlikely you will EVER see a vein of exposed quartz with gold in it. If you did see one, you would recognize it immediately. We have them in Arizona, Alaska, California, Idaho and Nevada - Georgia, Alabama, not so much.

Sample Pan Dan

Bronze Member
Oct 20, 2012
Bostonia,Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Find you a gravel bar just about anywhere on the Etowah river and you should find some gold. I have found gold in that river and it tributaries in both Cherokee and Pickens counties.

bman3725

Apr 30, 2012
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Dowsing rods and metal detectors
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oh we have gold in quartz veins in Bama, just in a smaller location and maybe not quite as large.

Istang If your just learning i recommend Delonaga GA i proably just spelled that city wrong, but they have several gold mining camps that will teach you a lot of what you need to know and where to look. The gold geological formations we have here in Bama start in your state and work their way here.

here is a web site that may be helpful for you

Georgia Gold Mines, Prospecting, Panning, Treasure Hunting,* Rockhounding

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread