Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Google "my land matters" and learn to use the site. It is the best resource available for gold prospectors in the western states. You are near several gold districts.

Welcome to the forum.

leadnugget

Jul 29, 2006
arizona
Detector(s) used
gpx6000
gp extreme
gold monster 1000
nokta simplex
I have a friend that was living in Sierra Vista about 8 years ago. He told me he really liked the area/weather.
He also told me that he has never seen so much border patrol in his life. Not only that, but he told me a lot of illegals were up in the
Huachuca Mountains, kind of a safe zone/camp I guess. I don't know if all that's true, but this is what he told me.
As far as gold, do some research, maybe ash canyon. As arizau has said my land matters would be a good start.
You have a good detector, just remember its very much a bedrock detector, deeper ground won't work to good.
Good luck and post some pics if you get some.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Erich if / when you go there , keep a eye on your equipment / food and ANYTHING that could be / would be carried off if NOT put away and locked down. Watch out for lookie- lews that will bum rush you while your in camp and steal whatever they can grab !

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Erich if / when you go there , keep a eye on your equipment / food and ANYTHING that could be / would be carried off if NOT put away and locked down. Watch out for lookie- lews that will bum rush you while your in camp and steal whatever they can grab !

Sounds like a not so far away third world country.
Even our small towns in California are getting to be like this.
I have to cable lock everything in the bed of my truck when going into the store.
Won’t even leave my dog in the back anymore!

Injunbro

Oct 8, 2011
SE Arizoa
Welcome from Cochise. There's a prospectors club in Sierra Vista that advertises for new members in The Cochise Trading Post.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread