Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi All,
Just a few pictures to share from my NorCal trips this summer. 2nd set coming to finish the group..........63bkpkr

And the only gold I found was what I received just from being out there in all that beauty.

196_9632.JPG breakfast in Auburn Ca

196_9634.JPG after breakfast treat

196_9635.JPG comfortable camp with nice soft rocks

196_9639.JPG it looked like a good spot

196_9642.JPG basics for detecting and objects found

house rock
196_9649.JPG
196_9655.JPG dinner

Upvote 0

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like a great time. Super pics, and thank's for taking us along! :occasion14:

OP
OP
63bkpkr

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Terry and Oakview,
Glad to share the fun with others! A question for ya Terry, how heavy is a GPX 5000 outfited with what you would consider to be a minimum of equipment to bring with it for an outing where one could use a larger coil as well as a smaller coil? What do you consider to be 'the best' two or three pieces of optional equipment to have for that machine? I'm just getting curious about a 5000 but as I backpack my gear into some very rugged places I need to respect myself and just how much weight I carry with me. When I was Really fit, like back in 89, I carried in and out 115 pounds of equipment in the pack and I had no problem with it but I'm not really fit at the moment so I need to be careful as to the types of insane things I take on.

Thanks for the input......63bkpkr

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's HEAVY, and so are the $500.00 batteries. You need to stick with a light VLF like your GMT until you hit a patch. Then when it's cleaned out come in with the GPX for the heavy deep stuff. Most of the time you really don't need a GPX..

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nicely done Herb--great shots. Thanks for posting them. You're living the hiking and prospecting dream.

All the best,

Lanny

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always a treat Herb and thanx for Pioneer shot. Where is the shop in relation to old one please would be greatly appreciated as must support old friends-John

Hefty1

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2010
Always a treat Herb and thanx for Pioneer shot. Where is the shop in relation to old one please would be greatly appreciated as must support old friends-John

Hey John, The new shop is just up the street (east) of the old one.

OP
OP
63bkpkr

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup, like he said its just up the street from the old one or take the Elm Street exit from 80 and when you get to the correct street turn right and its down on the right about a block. Nice shop, not as stuffed as the old location but plenty there just the same including that great big nugget door stop. I'm glad Hefty had seen your post as I'd missed it earlier...63bkpkr

Had my cholesterol checked today and its at 160 with even better numbers on the good and bad cho. I'm pleased.:hello2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread