OP
Bunk

Bunk

Nov 28, 2006
AZ
Detector(s) used
ML 4000-ML X70
TAKODA said:
Thanks for the invite Bunk . I've never been to Arizona . But I would like to spend a month or two out there. Not likely to make your shindig , but still want to go there one day . :icon_thumright:
When ever you get out this way, I would be glad to show you around!
Bunk

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been planning on a trip to AZ this year anyway, I want to spend my vacation/tourist dollars there as my way of supporting Arizona's illegal alien and anti drug smuggling cause. :icon_thumleft:

Hopefully my schedule will allow me to meet up with you at the rendezvous!

Go for the gold!
GG~

eureka77

May 8, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
whites GMT
tek.alpha2000
Nokta Fores Core
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd love to go aswell. Nugget shooting is my favorite thing to do as far as gold getting, kinda like hunting, and I read Arizona is the place to go. I detect like crazy in NC with my goldmaster but never find anything of size of course as yet.

bill-USA

Jun 29, 2004
Somewhere in the US and probably in motion.
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
GoodyGuy said:
I have been planning on a trip to AZ this year anyway, I want to spend my vacation/tourist dollars there as my way of supporting Arizona's illegal alien and anti drug smuggling cause. :icon_thumleft:

Hopefully my schedule will allow me to meet up with you at the rendezvous!

Go for the gold!
GG~

Sending you a PM, GG.

OP
OP
Bunk

Bunk

Nov 28, 2006
AZ
Detector(s) used
ML 4000-ML X70
bill-USA said:
Bunk said:
I have posted an up date for this outting on my site. This will be a fun time!
Bunk
http://www.bunk-n-teri.com/index.php

Bunk, my 2007 copy of MS Trips and Streets cannot find a Gold Basin, AZ. Is there a more formal name?
Bill, Gold Basin is on the E. flank of the White Hills in NW. AZ. This is about 50 N. of Kingman, AZ.
Try looking up Meadview, AZ. Meadview is a little to the E. of Gold Basin. Hope this helps.
Bunk

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bunk said:
Want to go to Gold Basin, AZ this Oct? No planed events or activities, just people that enjoy prospecting and the great outdoors. A chance to put faces with names. The most up to date info will be here. ALL are welcome! 10/29 - 10/31.
http://www.bunk-n-teri.com

Looks like I will be able to make it out after all! :hello2:

Will there be a water source for high bankin' or would I need to recirculate the water?
Or would a dry washer be best? Of course I'll also bring my GM2 for nugget shootin'
and my gasoline powered wet or dry vac for crevicing. :icon_thumleft:

I am coming out from Indiana and planning on prospecting AZ. for a couple of weeks so I should be able to make the prospector rendezvous weekend at Gold basin with no problem.

GG~

OP
OP
Bunk

Bunk

Nov 28, 2006
AZ
Detector(s) used
ML 4000-ML X70
OK, We have 140 prizes so far, silver coins, gold nuggets, meteorites, and other real cool stuff! Bring your metal detector and come out and win some of these prizes. A great week end will be had by all!
Bunk

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think I will make it, Bunk. Gold Basin is on my "To Do" list. Planning on being over at the LDMA camp at Duisenburg, CA right after. Bunk, you close enough to Gold Basin to do "day trips" ?

OP
OP
Bunk

Bunk

Nov 28, 2006
AZ
Detector(s) used
ML 4000-ML X70
TerryC said:
I think I will make it, Bunk. Gold Basin is on my "To Do" list. Planning on being over at the LDMA camp at Duisenburg, CA right after. Bunk, you close enough to Gold Basin to do "day trips" ?
Terry,
GB is at least a overniter for me but I do some time earmarked for GB later this season. Rich Hill, on the other hand is a easy day trip. I plan on spending a lot of time at the "Hill" later this fall and winter. Glad you are going to make the GB outing, look foward to meeting you!
Bunk

OP
OP
Bunk

Bunk

Nov 28, 2006
AZ
Detector(s) used
ML 4000-ML X70
I will have a sign-in/liability release that needs to be signed by ALL that are in on the coin hunt.
Bunk

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Bunk, Been to your site but could not find specifics on the event. Can you go over the logistics plan for us? Lat and Long of base? Tenting, hotel, water, food? Looking forward to the event! TTC

OP
OP
Bunk

Bunk

Nov 28, 2006
AZ
Detector(s) used
ML 4000-ML X70
Terry,
Here is a map of the area. http://www.minerdiggins.com/images/Outing.jpg

This outing will be 10- 29/31- 10. The coin for prizes hunt will be Sat 10-30.
This is dry desert camping. Some services are available in Meadview or Dolan Springs or Kingman, aprox. 50 miles south.

GPS cords for the camp, N35 52' 50"

W114 13' 55

I will be there all week starting 10-23. More info here. http://www.bunk-n-teri.com/index.php?topic=56.0

This is a totaly FREE event and all are welcome.
The roads are generaly good, I drag a 34' toy hauler in there with no trouble.
Bunk

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the map, Bunk. I'm GPAA and now LDMA. I'll be there! TTC

OP
OP
Bunk

Bunk

Nov 28, 2006
AZ
Detector(s) used
ML 4000-ML X70
WOW, Where do I start! A good time was had by all and lots of nuggets were found, at least 20 that I know of including a few REAL nice ones. Meteorites too, I found my second, 116 grams! The weather was a little windy but we did have few real nice days, calm and warm temps. As allways, folks jumped in and helped out when and where needed. THANKS guys and gals!!
The coin hunt was a success although we did make some mistakes everyone went away happy. This was the first time Frank and I have ram rodded a big outing and we both learned a lot. The #1 prize, an X terra30, donated by Rob's Detector Sales, was won, by Mike C, congrats Mike!
I really want to thank all that donated prizes and effort to make this a really great outing!!
I will add more and pics later, I need to get the Mothership and the Great Pumpkin cleaned up and ready for the next adventure. Also, we had one winner of one of Uncle Rons gold maps that did not get on the list to be sent this map, if it was you, send me a PM and we will get that out to you.
Thanks a bunch to all that joined in on this adventure, we will do this again!
Bunk

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Bunk I got back into town last night and will say how FANTASTIC your roundup was! I for one, will do it again. After last taliking to at the weaver (Stanton) claim. I saw Elmer Stapleton, one of the owners of the Y-Not who showed me a half ounce of gold he got. Says he averages 1/2 once per month dry-washing. Put me on the next list! TTC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bunk, Here's a pic of the gold that feller was showing.... Just had to add it. 11 troy onces total. great outing! TTC

Attachments

• IMG_0727.JPG
    IMG_0727.JPG
    118.6 KB · Views: 218

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread