Protect your dredge and catch the thief

ncclaymaker

Aug 26, 2011
Champlain, NY on the Canadian border.
Detector(s) used
Minelab 1000, A Motorized Power Glider Trike, 17 foot travel trailer behind my Jeep. 4" suction dredge/high banker.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I read the thread regarding the unfortunate theft of Oakwood2's dredge. I would like to suggest that folks consider the following - https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=car+tracking+gps . It's a vehicle tracking device that high risk lenders install on their clients cars in the event that they need to repo them. They're cheap and accurate, accessed via your phone or the cops. Consider the link as a starting point for your search.

Hope that they catch the low-life and keel haul him.

Upvote 0

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry, it was not my dredge, but Marvin Lampshires dredge, just posted it so people could be on the look. There was a rash of theft of 5's and 6's in the last month in southern Oregon. Just tried to make sure the scum has no easy place to fence them...

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
2cmorau that device is PERFFECT! I wonder how long the battery will last? I really like the tracking of past locations. for that price , how could a person that leaves his equipment on location be without it! I also wonder if your insurance company would give you a break on your insurance policy for having this VRS. paying out for its replacement for the equipment?

beekbuster

Jan 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
gpx 4500
gpz (died in a fire. rip)
Primary Interest:
Other
ive thought about this for my tools, over 7 grand invested, i could not afford to replace them. the technology is here, should be able to install a small chip that can send a signal on demand.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread