proud grandpa

poetsgarden

Dec 6, 2021
Good evening all, a few of you may have read my posts about my granddaughter Akira Kopec and Luke Kopec her brother.
The posts were about their time playing baseball and now I can give an update on how they are doing.
Akira is the starting shortstop for the University of Binghamton, Division 1. I also found out today the she has been chosen to be on the roster of the training camp
for the U.S. National Fastball Baseball team. Luke has also been chosen for special awards and plays for Holy Redeemer Baseball and Football.
Don I thought you might enjoy this update.
Best to all Joe McDonough

OP
OP
P

poetsgarden

Dec 6, 2021
Thanks Don, the roster is posted at USA Baseball news. Great to hear from you.....Joe

OP
OP
P

poetsgarden

Dec 6, 2021
Great morning to all. From USA Baseball news; "The Standout performer was Akira Kopec who pitched 1.2 innings with one hit and three strikeouts." That's against the best women's baseball players in the country.
Really proud grandpa.....Joe McDonough

OP
OP
P

poetsgarden

Dec 6, 2021
Happy Saturday all,
here is the news from USA baseball; "The middle frames were dominated by the stars pitching
with the quartet of Nikki Eckert, Akira Kopec, Studer and Kate Blunt combining to toss four innings of one hit ball"

Unfortunately Akira did not make the final roster. 15 original players came back and only 5 new players were added.
Akira had a great ride. Best wishes .....Joe McDonough

OP
OP
P

poetsgarden

Dec 6, 2021
Good evening everyone, for those who would like to see my grand daughter in an action photo
Binghamton Softball news has a wonderful article about her playing for the National Women's Baseball roster.
Also a great photo of Akira pitching in her USA Eagles uniform.
Best to all .....Joe McDonough

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions