OP
OP
Pepper2004

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11
Trish_n_Tx said:
Hi pepper! I have the same exact Medal Detector, 'Mr. Trish" bought it for me for Christmas, i got the bullseye pinpointer too for free, that pinpointer is great isnt it?! But didnt get a digging tool! Have you figured out how to set the knobs on yours for the best hunt, as far as disciminating pull tabs? I have read, and re~read the instructions and i still cant get it set right! Have no idea what im doing, got any pointers let me know.....

That was really sweet of Mr. Trish to get you one of these cool machines. ;) Trish, to be honest I don't think there is a MD on earth that will not pick up pull tabs.... :'(....I really haven't got to play with it enough to give pointers yet. The weather has been most unkind this Winter. Usually we are still wearing shorts in January. If you learn anything let me know ok? We can learn together. :)

OP
OP
Pepper2004

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11
bootybay said:
Pepper big time congrats... YOUR so lucky to of been able to go check em out too..so since I havent read up on the MXT, can ya use that too on the beaches? wtg girl..

Booty, I have the best local dealer in the USA. (I'm going to do a post on him shortly). Yes, you can use the MXT on the beach....but I am led to believe that your DFX is better on beaches. I haven't tried a beach yet but I'm going to before much longer and I'll give you a report on how it does.

Pepper :)

dbsmokey

Jan 12, 2004
Oregon
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry... can't resist this lame joke... Just think Mrs. Pepper if your son or daughter goes to med or vet school he or she will be known as Dr. Pepper! How cool! :)

OP
OP
Pepper2004

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
rmptr said:
Gosh Pepper,
That's quite an upgrade!

You're gonna scorch the earth... like Sherman's march to the sea!

Oops! (I'm probably in the wrong neighborhood...)

Sounds like the Mister is getting more involved... That's great!

R M P T R

Sherman well better march to the sea and git the hell-o out of the way if I'm MD'ing!

Yes, Mr. Pepper is really starting to take to my ole 505. That sure makes me happy.

HH,
Pepper

OP
OP
Pepper2004

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
dbsmokey said:
Sorry... can't resist this lame joke... Just think Mrs. Pepper if your son or daughter goes to med or vet school he or she will be known as Dr. Pepper! How cool! :)

LOL...love the joke.....My two offspring Peppers are men. My youngest son's wife is a shrink :o so I guess you could call her Dr. Pepper. ;)

T

trish76642

Pepper2004 said:
Trish_n_Tx said:
Hi pepper! I have the same exact Medal Detector, 'Mr. Trish" bought it for me for Christmas, i got the bullseye pinpointer too for free, that pinpointer is great isnt it?! But didnt get a digging tool! Have you figured out how to set the knobs on yours for the best hunt, as far as disciminating pull tabs? I have read, and re~read the instructions and i still cant get it set right! Have no idea what im doing, got any pointers let me know.....

That was really sweet of Mr. Trish to get you one of these cool machines. ;) Trish, to be honest I don't think there is a MD on earth that will not pick up pull tabs.... :'(....I really haven't got to play with it enough to give pointers yet. The weather has been most unkind this Winter. Usually we are still wearing shorts in January. If you learn anything let me know ok? We can learn together. :)
VDI numbers for MXT
Most men’s wedding bands and ladies gold rings read in the 10 to 30 range in my soils.
Larger men’s rings and “class” type rings usually read in the 30 to 57 range.
Nickels usually read in the 16 to 20 range in my area soils.
Silver rings are usually not ignored by detectors as they usually read in the dime to quarter range.
A VDI number between 30 to 57 it is almost always a square pull tab or aluminum screw cap. (but my biggest gold ring was a 57 and I find bad zincs in this range)
Pay particular attention to those signals which register from +10 to +20. Probably 95% of all potential gold ring finds will register there.( Womens rings)

VDI Range Some Possible Targets found in this VDI Range:
-95 to - 20 Antique iron relics, Iron nails, rusty iron junk, hot rocks
-20 to 0 Small gold nuggets, gold earrings, gold chains, small bits of iron, gum wrappers, small bits of foil
0 to 15 Platinum rings, smallest gold rings, gold earrings, gold nuggets, sterling chains, larger foil pieces, gum wrappers, bits of chopped aluminum cans
15 to 30 Most gold rings, Gold nuggets, Gold $1, Nickels, Silver War Nickels, oval pull tabs, bent tabs, bits of chopped aluminum cans, zipper tabs
30 to 45 Largest gold rings, larger gold nuggets, Gold $2.50, Copper Nickel cents (1856 to 1864), most square pull tabs, iron bottle caps, small aluminum screw caps, Costume jewelry
45 to 60 Gold $5, Corroded zinc cents, 3 cent silver, zinc pot metal junk, costume jewelry, brass keys, small aluminum screw caps
60 to 70 Indian Head Cents, small sterling earrings, zinc cents, hot wheels cars, larger aluminum screw caps
70 to 78 Gold $10, modern copper cents, half cents, two cent pieces, small sterling rings and sterling jewelry, hot wheels cars
79 to 81 Gold $20, sterling silver rings, clad or silver dimes
82 to 88 Clad or silver quarters, heavy sterling silver rings, Sacajewea “golden” dollars, Susan B. Anthony Dollars, buried brass sprinkler heads
89 to 92 Clad or silver halves, large cents, buried brass sprinkler heads
93 to 94 Clad Eisenhower or silver dollars, large copper pipes

try this pepper, got it from another sight, see if it helps...

OP
OP
Pepper2004

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Trish, your a sweetheart! Thank you so much. I owe ya one.

Hugs,
Pepper

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
Pepper2004 said:
Trish_n_Tx said:

MY DFX doesn't pick up pull tabs it lets me do that lol

Congrats on your new baby, I really enjoyed it. Have fun with it

OP
OP
Pepper2004

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Spanks, bgf! ;) you know what I meant you slickers you! :D

I am enjoying my new baby and I'm having great fun with it. Suppose to be in the mid 70's Sun. Mon. Tues.! :) My goal is to go to my hubby's old school yard and find a marble or two.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread