PROVEN TO MYSELF THE BEALE TREASURE IS A STORY MADE UP

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
That was a rhetorical question, my friend, a mea culpa of my typing error that you so kindly brought to my attention.
Thank You. :wink:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
After a long waste of time of 50 years or more, I have proven to myself that the Beale Treasure Story was made up. There may be a treasure out there for someone to find or you may luck up on another treasure while searching for the Beale Treasure. So you can keep searching if you want to but take warning of the authors words about using the time only that you can spare because I can for a fact say the Beale Treasure does not exist.
Any up-date...?

OP
OP
franklin

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any up-date...?

Rebel-KGC, I have went back to some of my old research. I may have found where I can get information on Thomas J. Beale? I believe I know why he used the initial "J" in his name. I know about when he was born and where but do not know if I can find anymore information on him? I will first check at the county clerks office and the Historical Society. It is a long shot but if he was our man then the treasure story may be verified? It will take time to find more information but I will work on it.

OP
OP
franklin

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK; HH! Good Luck! Have Fun!

All though this boy did disappear every Spring and return every Fall, I do not think he was our man. He did finally take off one Spring at the age of 40 never to return but I could not find what year? Also his name or nickname was "Harry" He was born between 1776 and 1784 so if he disappeared at the age of 40 and then 1822 being the year of the Beale Party's disappearance, the boy would have been born 1782. But still I can not figure him being called "Harry" All though the Beale Papers did say he wore his hair long as he was half black (mulatto) and half Indian.

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Is it possible that he is the father of Thomas Jefferson Beale ,a freeborn man of color who became Alderman of Jackson Ward, Richmond, in 1885 that Bigscoop mentioned many times?

OP
OP
franklin

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There never was a Thomas Jefferson Beale. The Hart brothers came up with "Jefferson" for the letter "J" The one I found only has a "J" and the "J" most likely is for "Jacob" If this is truly the right Thomas J. Beale. Jacob Hite and his wife Frances Madison Beale (This was Thomas Beale's mother that was married to Taverner Beale. Thomas Beale of New Orleans fame) were killed by Indians in South Carolina in 1776. His wife and two daughters were carried off into captivity. Frances Madison Beale was found rather quickly dead along the path the Indians took towards a British Out post. All though the story says two daughters were carried into captivity only one is mentioned by name, "Eleanor" The other was a slave girl that got away from the Indians on a fast horse. Jacob Hite son George went looking for the family right after the massacre but only was able to bring back some of the slaves. A few years later went looking again and he says he was successful in finding both of the girls but again only one is mentioned by name and the other is a black girl. Upon returning to Virginia with the black girl, who later stayed with Isaac Hite. Eleanor was happy staying were she was so George left her there with a British Officer by the name of Johnson. The black girl had an Indian son upon their return. Whether this was Thomas J. Beale of the Beale Treasure story is yet to be seen. But I do not think he is the Thomas Jefferson Beale of Richmond mentioned by Bigscoop

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
The Alderman Thomas Jefferson Beale of Jackson Ward Richmond was freeborn in 1823, but his parents are listed as unknown.
He served with the Richmond Howitzers, a black Confederate unit.
I agree, I do not think he is the TJB of the BEALE PAPERS.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
The Alderman Thomas Jefferson Beale of Jackson Ward Richmond was freeborn in 1823, but his parents are listed as unknown.
He served with the Richmond Howitzers, a black Confederate unit.
I agree, I do not think he is the TJB of the BEALE PAPERS.
Got DOCUMENTED proof...?

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
..documented proof of what?
Jackson Ward Alderman Thomas Jefferson Beale was a real living person that was mentioned several times in Richmond, Virginia newspapers, while Thomas J Beale was a fictional character in the Beale Papers adventure/treasure dime novel pamphlet published by James Beverly Ward in 1885.
To this day, no one has ever produced "documented proof" proving anything different.

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
There never was a Thomas Jefferson Beale. The Hart brothers came up with "Jefferson" for the letter "J" The one I found only has a "J" and the "J" most likely is for "Jacob" If this is truly the right Thomas J. Beale. Jacob Hite and his wife Frances Madison Beale (This was Thomas Beale's mother that was married to Taverner Beale. Thomas Beale of New Orleans fame) were killed by Indians in South Carolina in 1776. His wife and two daughters were carried off into captivity. Frances Madison Beale was found rather quickly dead along the path the Indians took towards a British Out post. All though the story says two daughters were carried into captivity only one is mentioned by name, "Eleanor" The other was a slave girl that got away from the Indians on a fast horse. Jacob Hite son George went looking for the family right after the massacre but only was able to bring back some of the slaves. A few years later went looking again and he says he was successful in finding both of the girls but again only one is mentioned by name and the other is a black girl. Upon returning to Virginia with the black girl, who later stayed with Isaac Hite. Eleanor was happy staying were she was so George left her there with a British Officer by the name of Johnson. The black girl had an Indian son upon their return. Whether this was Thomas J. Beale of the Beale Treasure story is yet to be seen. But I do not think he is the Thomas Jefferson Beale of Richmond mentioned by Bigscoop
Carry on, then...

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
There WAS a Beale Plantation, outside of Richmond, Va., I think... Thomas Beale, son of Thomas Beale of Chestnut Hill. Then, there is a William Beale...

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread