Provident metals

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
I am curious about this subject. Most of everyone say they send their silver to these people. Is there a minimum that you have to send them? I only have 3- 40% and 13- war nickels. Not much at all. and has any one bought silver from them? Is there a minimum purchusing silver? I was thinking about my LCS and they tack on an additional 3 dollars on each oz of silver. If provident metals is cheaper I might look into getting my silver from them instead of my LCS.

Anyone with experience on this?

Sincerely, Garoulady

Upvote 0

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am curious about this subject. Most of everyone say they send their silver to these people. Is there a minimum that you have to send them? I only have 3- 40% and 13- war nickels. Not much at all. and has any one bought silver from them? Is there a minimum purchusing silver? I was thinking about my LCS and they tack on an additional 3 dollars on each oz of silver. If provident metals is cheaper I might look into getting my silver from them instead of my LCS.

Sincerely, Garoulady

Search for Provident Metals, there are tons of people who have used them, myself included.

The_EE

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2011
Constant state of misery
Primary Interest:
Other

Sincerely, Garoulady

To sell, there is a minimum, its $500. You also have to pay shipping, insurance to them ( unless you feel insuring your package isnt worth it ) and there is a $7.99 shipping charge for their check to you. 3, 40% halves and 13 war nickles isnt near the minimum requirement though.

As for thier premium above spot, it depends on the brand of silver you are buying but when it comes to shipping costs, you would likely be better off buying locally unless you are purchasing a large quantity of oz.

I was going to sell my 40% halves, 80 oz worth when silver hit $35 and I missed that target by 70 cents. I should be buying back in right about now but that time is long missed.

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
I've bought from them a couple times; no complaints whatsoever. I'll probably be buying from them again soon, as I can't even find any ASE's locally now.

As far as selling, they're probably at the top of my list once silver gets high enough.

OP
OP
GarouLady

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
I can get ASEs at two LCSs. One is asking for 2012 for 40 bucks while the other charges 2-3 over spot for the same thing, which when I bought from them last it was 35.50 apeice. I am thinking if I can find others who want to order ASE at my workplace, we can split shipping and pay a whole lot less money.

Sincerely, Garoulady

billionaire

Sep 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really, i can get a silver eagle for 32 dollars even though it might not be 2012

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
I can get ASEs at two LCSs. One is asking for 2012 for 40 bucks while the other charges 2-3 over spot for the same thing, which when I bought from them last it was 35.50 apeice. I am thinking if I can find others who want to order ASE at my workplace, we can split shipping and pay a whole lot less money.

Sincerely, Garoulady

Try asking for Maple Leafs. They may have a smaller premium and are even purer I believe. Also, if you want ASEs, try getting older dates which may be cheaper.

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try asking for Maple Leafs. They may have a smaller premium and are even purer I believe. Also, if you want ASEs, try getting older dates which may be cheaper.

Not always the case, premiums are high on the 86 and 96 ASE's Business Strike Raw/Graded.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread