psychedelic clad, wow!

harpp

Jul 20, 2006
san jose ca.
Detector(s) used
WHITES CLASSIC 3/ WHITES M 6
hi all, you know those orange & brown stained coins we all dig up... well i was experimenting to get them to shine again. (alot of merchants wont accept them). just soaked in lemon juice for a day & then rinsed & left in the strainer to dry & wallah!...... stuff of all sorts is growing on them... does anyone know how to bring them back? maybe muratic?.... - harpp

Attachments

• psychidelic clad 001 rs.jpg
    psychidelic clad 001 rs.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 552

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
thats pretty awesome clad!! Nope, I do not know how to bring them back. Maybe someone on this forum knows. Who knows though.

juju

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Grey Ghost Headphones, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use a rock tumbler and aquarium gravel with a little water.
:icon_pirat:
JuJu

acevillav

May 5, 2005
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
They should still go through a coinstar or coin changer at your bank. You could also roll them with "clean" coins and deposit them.

Acevillav

Carson Coin Master

Sep 4, 2007
Nixa, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030,
Garrett AT Pro,
Garrett GTAX 550,
Fisher gold bug 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well i tell you what. i use to work in a lab with lots of cool chemicals and found if you drop a coin in a small beaker of hydrocloric acid 98% for about 5 seconds it will make them gleam like there fresh off the mint. the only problem with doing this is it takes a small layer of metal off of the clad and they don't weigh the same or have the same thickness as a coin that wasnt cleaned like that. but if it's new stuff and you want to clean it so people will take it thats the way to go.

p.s. it will make the acid turn a really cool bright green when you put a coin in the beaker. :tard:

fireman7115

Jan 14, 2008
arkansas
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter
Rock tumbler works great. Just dont forget about it ( Tumbled ol' george right of a few clad quarters over the weekend opps).

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No man, just cash them in at the nearest Head shop!
CurbdiggerCarl

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread