Feb 5, 2007
SE bucks Co. PA
Detector(s) used
BH Lonestar/ BH Pinpointer
Teknetics Liberator
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Happy New Year to all,

I am off on friday and thinking about checkin out the beach. Forcast says it will be about 40F so I thought I would take a short trip down, start at the old bath houses at Risden's and work my way all the way up towards Martel's and Jenkinson's, and towards the inlet. Anyway, it has been awhile since I've been out, with school and all. Anyone been out there lately? Anyone find anything good? A pocket full of clad would be just nice for me, just as long as I can get out and drain those 9V on my BH, lol. ;D

HH
Mike

therover

Feb 23, 2008
NJ
Detector(s) used
CZ6a (2),Infinium, E-Trac,CZ20, X5, CZ20,X-Terra 705, Treasure Baron Goldtrax, XL-Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Mike,

I was there Sunday. For the first time in a long time ( and I have hunted that beach lots of times) the ocean was like a lake. Usually there are 3-4 waves crashing the beach. There was lots of sand that moved in, and there was a gradual slope...no cuts. I was near the Tiki Bar. I hunted the wet and dry sand There weren't many targets..not even iron or nails. Ended up with 2 dimes and 3 beat up zincs from the dry sand.

Went North to Belmar. Not much luck there either. Went even farther North and got lucky with an Indian head and Merc dime, but not much clad at all and NO jewelry...not even junk. But ,the best thing about beach hunting is, every day is different.

Bottom line...get out and have fun. I am sure you will find some interesting things.

JC

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mike,
Good luck on Friday...if I didn't have a vacation planned for the end of this month I may have taken off and joined you.
NJ (John)

OP
OP
M

mikesand

Feb 5, 2007
SE bucks Co. PA
Detector(s) used
BH Lonestar/ BH Pinpointer
Teknetics Liberator
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bummer!
Made a run to the store to pick up some fresh 9V for the BH and........................almost home, heard a strange sound coming from the back of the car. Yep that's right a big ol' flat tire. Anyway better to happen around the corner from home then on 195 headin' to the beach. So maybe next week I'll try again if mother nature cooperates wed or fri.
HH
mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread