PTSD in Veterans

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
It's not really about "trying to forget," or "honoring" lost lives. It is about trying to sleep without medication. Not feeling anxious or always looking for sniper positions as you walk in the park. It's not knowing when a smell, or a sound will bring on the paralyzing anxiety, or crying jag. It is a problem that cannot be fixed, only treated and dealt with.

MY response was to nsdq; YOU may not benefit from that. EACH Vet with PTSD has SPECIFIC issues/needs; TS, you are correct; CAN'T BE FIXED... YET! MAY become "manageable" with appropriate TX.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
See, some PTSD NEGATIVE "impacts" are id'ed as trying to sleep w/o sleeping pills, anxiety, "looking for sniper positions", smell/sound bringing on paralyzing anxiety, crying jag... THESE are SOME of the NEGATIVE "impacts" of PTSD. THAT is a GREAT start; once identified, POSSIBLE, appropriate TX may be found.

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
sleep how miss it so,,,,,,,,,,

You have a VA Hospital/Clinic nearby...? You can get TX from qualified Docs, etc. As a Vet, you are "entitled" to FREE care. In Lynchburg, Va., we have a VA Clinic; VA Hospital is about 60 miles WEST of us in Salem, Va. We ALSO have non-gov't Vet Programs run by ACTIVE Vets (one Lt. works with wife & I re. VET IED/TBI survivors & families/friends). HERE, there is NO CHARGE ($$$$) for such services...

Last edited:

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro,Ace 150, flea market digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yep i have one 15 min drive in leb pa, ,,,i do not get much for free care as a 50% disabled combat vet,,,,,,,,,,,, that stuff no werk jim beam helps alot Vicodin intensify's the effect

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Stay away from the drugs nsdq,the idiots only want to treat the symptoms instead of the causes.You need peace of mind instead of pills crammed down your throat.Kick backs are what theyre for,not your inner peace.

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the pain killer is for my screwed lower back compressed disk and bone on bone , and then somthing else for muscle spasims and cramps
Stay away from the drugs nsdq,the idiots only want to treat the symptoms instead of the causes.You need peace of mind instead of pills crammed down your throat.Kick backs are what theyre for,not your inner peace.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
yep i have one 15 min drive in leb pa, ,,,i do not get much for free care as a 50% disabled combat vet,,,,,,,,,,,, that stuff no werk jim beam helps alot Vicodin intensify's the effect

You have a Vet Peer Counselor, near-by (PRIVATE program)...? Will review my list, for you, in Lebanon, Pa.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Nothing at this point in Lebanon... HOWEVER! Have you tried DAV (DISABLED AMERICAN VETERANS)...? For PTSD Resources, you could get a NAMI Veterans Resource Center going in your area; public support is VERY high for Vets, now-a-day. For Vets in NJ, there is a Veteran Helpline 1-866-VETS-NJ-4 (1-866-838-7654); they work with families/loved ones, too. To create a Vet Center for Re-Adjustment Counseling, it takes PERSONAL responsibility & GROUP responsibility with info from VA - 28 NEW additional Community Vet Centers; we had one in Ch'ville, Va. years, ago... run by Viet Nam Vets for Vets; sorta like club House "headed" by a former VNV Nurse. TWO of their Vet Peer Counselors helped me with the Viet Nam Vets Group in the "MAX"; stopped coming after two visits. They didn't like the Prison environment, and the Vet/Inmates were STILL "stuck" in Viet Nam. The "Glory Days"... MORE, later.

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
"Google" VHA Directive 1500 from the Dept. of Veterans Affairs/Veterans Health Administration. It is about Re-Adjustment Counseling Services (RCS) Vet Center Program; wife & I were Associate Members of VVA (Vietnam Veterans of America) # 196, years ago. Associates of the Year in 2000; still work with 'em. GOOD LUCK, to ALL!

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
RCS Vet Center would be a POSITIVE "impact" of Vets PTSD; creating a LOCAL PTSD Resource to help yourself & OTHER Vets with PTSD. ANOTHER example (by me), is creating a $$$$$$$$ private sector Funding Foundation in MEMORY & HONOR of my cousin, who was KIA in South Vietnam, July 1968. Centered in Lynchburg, Va. for Vets, it will be moved to Shenandoah Valley in 2013, where he is buried. One of my best friend in High School is a Viet Nam Vet, who lost his job, is divorced (with a girl)... and needs a CAR. So! I would like to ENHANCE the mission of the Foundation to include improving the resources for "activities of daily living", so that Vets can get the help they need... AND! ENHANCE their "in-charge" DIGNITY & Self-Worth. Cousin is gone... yet "LIVING" on paper. Met him "coming back" and he is OK, NOT the "place" to "chat" about it... AND! It is what he WANTS...

Last edited:

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
your last 2 post is making dizzy as a flying rat along with the voices i keep hearing out side ? no one there ?

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
your last 2 post is making dizzy as a flying rat along with the voices i keep hearing out side ? no one there ?

BACK to NEGATIVE "impacts" of Vets PTSD, then... as seen in your post above. NOT seeing anyone at VA...?

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Then, there is Tryptophan (OTC); Melatonin & Tryptophan at your local Wal-mart, Vitamin Section.

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Best to eat LOTS of Turkey, and Meditate in evenings; produce NATURAL Tryptophan & Melatonin...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread