PTSD Night Vision Hunt.

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy Folks. Some of you already know my identity got stolen in October. So yes, I am a bit stressed out about that right now. All the more reason to venture out into a frigid night in northern Illinois for some much needed therapy. I returned to the spot I scored the nice Gold Gilded Eagle Infantry button. Changed over to my Nel Snake coil and tried to work slowly. First target sounded real good and high on the VDI graph. Turned out to be a huge round "lead" ring thingy. Second on the menu was the Peters Savage .300 brass. Ok, I can dig it. Getting pretty chilly after about 30 minutes I begin the proverbial walk back towards the Command Vehicle and got a decent repeatable signal in the 55 range on my VDI. Not thinking a common coin I had to see what it was. Popped out my second old Scoville MFG Co. Waterbury button from this spot in a few days. I am hoping it's another civil war era button but, need to research that. She's in fine condition with some nice greenish patina on the brass. Aaahhh, thanks, I needed that.:walk: Thanks for stopping by. Kurios1

PTSD Hunt Melvin's CW Button Hole 002.JPG PTSD Hunt Melvin's CW Button Hole 003.JPG PTSD Hunt Melvin's CW Button Hole 001.JPG PTSD Hunt Melvin's CW Button Hole 004.JPG PTSD Hunt Melvin's CW Button Hole 006.JPG PTSD Hunt Melvin's CW Button Hole 007.JPG PTSD Hunt Melvin's CW Button Hole 008.JPG PTSD Hunt Melvin's CW Button Hole 010.JPG PTSD Hunt Melvin's CW Button Hole 009.JPG PTSD Hunt Melvin's CW Button Hole 005.JPG

Upvote 20

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great stuff, Kurios...very, very cool button! You're killing it in those old fields and I'm impressed with the night vision...really cool. Keep at it...Ddf

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great stuff, Kurios...very, very cool button! You're killing it in those old fields and I'm impressed with the night vision...really cool. Keep at it...Ddf

Hey buddy. Not true night vision. Just my Streamlight green led headlamp. Makes for cool pictures and videos.:laughing7: The two buttons were about 15 feet apart from each other and not in a field. Close to a field but maybe 15 feet from it. I love the little non incorporated town I live in. Enough old history around here to keep me swinging it. Adios.:hello:

Tired Rooster

Nov 6, 2011
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelabs and Tesoros
Several of them....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats really cool. And some great finds in the pokey!!

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on getting out and pulling the sweet button, Best therapy in the world.

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
-Minelab Equinox 800 with 11" and 6" coils - Garett ACE 250 - Garett AT Pinpointer-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow what a spot you have!:hello2: Im speechless

Underwonder

Bronze Member
Jul 31, 2017
RI
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT Spectrum, TRX Pin-pointer, Garrett AT Pro Pin-pointer, Eagle II SL with Bigfoot, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You keep on finding some pretty good artifacts in that field...or is it all finding you ...like the identity thief did? Ughhh Sorry you have to deal with that end of things. I know that when I read about a lot of cool finds here on Tnet, I wish I was in that person’s shoes for the find...but the identity theft, well, that is taking “I want to be you” just way too far.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice going on the button, liking the green effect photos. :)
A buddy years ago let me try a set of older military starlight night vision goggles - in the city they were OVERLOAD!:laughing7:

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The button looks to be a Civil War General Service button Kurios. Congrats on another great button find.

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The button looks to be a Civil War General Service button Kurios. Congrats on another great button find.

This little hamlet must have had some soldiers encamped here back in the day. I have found a handful of old military buttons in my home town. One from the UK. I will be hitting this spot especially hard with these two buttons and the 1865 Indian Head Cent showing up in pretty close proximity.:icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread