Public Hearing on Sunset Review of Alabama Historical Commission

ssdsupply

Feb 20, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
Public Hearing on Sunset Review of Alabama Historical Commission

August 17, 2005

I've been in Alaska for the past two and a half months and I want to write about the trip but now is not the time. We have an important hearing in the Alabama State Legislature next week. Due to the corruption, abuse and negligence that has occurred over the past several years, the Legislature has ordered the Alabama Historical Commission (AHC) investigated by the Sunset Review Committee. The investigators have worked for the last several months preparing a report on the AHC. The report will show even more of the corruption of the employees of the AHC. This report will be given at a public hearing next week on Thursday August 25th at 9:00 am in the Star Wars room on the eighth floor of the State House in Montgomery. All interested parties should attend this meeting. The Sunset Review Committee can recommend that the AHC cease to exist as a separate agency and put their duties back under the Department of Archives and History and the Department of Conservation and Natural Resources. They will do a better job for Alabama's history and citizens. Please make plans to attend this meeting. Our legislators have done good work in making this happen and I appreciate their efforts. Representative Jim McClendon of St. Clair County is the main person for us to thank for this review. We need to keep him as our Representative. Let us now show our support by being at this meeting

Thanks,

Steve Phillips
Save Our Lost History
Southern Skin Divers Supply
4515 5th Ave. South
Birmingham, AL. 35222
205-595-3052
www.ssdsupply.com

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread