Pulled a 1999 WAM from Canadian Cent roll.

cladhunter13

Greenie
Feb 18, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all. New member to this site. I thought I would share my most recent US cent find from a Canadian roll of cents. I pulled this 1999 WAM. :laughing7: It was the only WAM I needed to have and example for each year. All pulled from Canadian rolls here in Sault Ste Marie Ontario Canada. I live in a border town so I get a fair share of US cents in my rolls. Well...I did prior to the removal of the Canadian cent from general circulation. I managed to pick-up a few hundred dollars in cents from various banks prior to the cut-off date. I only have a few more boxes to go before I will be done with them all. :BangHead:

I have made a few nice finds from the boxes I'm searching. I guess it is a good way to go out. I will post some of the other finds pic at a later date as I have not been concentrating on taking pics...just sorting the coins. Some of the notable coins from this batch are:

Canada:
1934 x 2
1938 x 3
1939 x 3
1955 NSF
1962 Harp
1982 Obv struck through die cap
1965 Pointed 5 Small beads x 2
1964 Extra bud - several examples
1985 pointed 5 x 2
2006 No P No Logo Magnetic x 2
2006 Proof Cameo
1993 Proof Cameo
Copper cent blank both Obv & Rev with rims intact.
Several nice BU cents added to collection as well as many different minor varieties and errors.

US:
1999 WAM
1905 Indian Head Cent
1972 DDO - I still need to research it on CC site to figure out which it is.
Again...several BU cents and other varieties in a pile to be cataloged at a later date.

Well...only 7 boxes left out of 45. Sigh.

Here are a few quick pics of the WAM. I did not adjust the lighting or camera settings for the pics so please excuse the quality.

OBV:
1999WAMOBV.jpg

REV:
1999WAMREV.jpg

FG:
1999WAMFG.jpg

Wide AM:
1999WAMWideAM.jpg

Upvote 0

fixxxer9

Jan 8, 2013
SLC, UT
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow that is really cool. I've been trying to find one of those. My goal is to find one this year. Nice finds!

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've only found one in 13 years of searching. So that's where they are all at! Congrats!
HH
enamel7

MentalUnrest

Nov 14, 2010
That is a great find! 1999 is the hard year to find the WAM. It is in nice shape as well. That would sell for over $100 is what I am guessing. Many in red condition like yours are selling for well over that on eBay right now.

MU

OP
OP
C

cladhunter13

Greenie
Feb 18, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for the replies. Much appreciated.

Now how come Canadian Cent Rolls ALWAYS seem to have indian heads?

That is my second from a Canadian Roll. The first was a 1892 with partial liberty. I always love pulling IH cents from a roll.

A few others I forgot to mention:

1909 Wheat Plain
1967 Silver CAN Dime

I also separate the copper cents and sell them to a copper hoarder locally. He does not pay a huge premium but usually, I just return them to the bank after they have been searched.

Happy Hunting all.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread