Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Man I couldn’t not sleep finished my work about 2 tried to go to sleep but the brain was on overtime, so I already knew I was going swinging at the break of dawn. Drank a pot of coffee and watching calabash videos and left a hour early to go to the swamps. I hit “honey hole island swamp” again. It amazes me how the only 20x40 shell, palms and roots dry spot out of a 1000 acres of swamp never lets me down. I got a 3 ringer, a Burnside 2 ringer that I’ve never seen before, a nice round ball, what I think might be a heel plate and the only Victory nickel that I ever gotten that wasn’t red it’s beautiful.

Just woke up so back to work and I might be doing this ALL OVER again. Lol I love my crazy life. IMG_2031.jpg IMG_0012.jpg IMG_0012.jpg IMG_0012.jpg IMG_0012.jpg IMG_0012.jpg IMG_0012.jpg IMG_0012.jpg IMG_0012.jpg IMG_0012.jpg I found a lot of V nickels last year but this on is my favorite IMG_0012.jpg IMG_0012.jpg Thank you for looking

Last edited:
Upvote 38

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X
Nice buddy! What is the caliber of the 2 ringer? (I've never found one)

Looks like a Burnside Carbine, but I'm not sure...

Possum

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2017
Southeast Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 and Equinox 800, XP Deus, Shadow X5, Shadow X2, Fisher F44, Whites Coinmaster, and Tesoro Compadre'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Way to go my brother!!! Congrats and lets hope the weathers good for Tuesday!!! "D"

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
If you find that much stuff on a 20x40 dry spot, who knows what you might find in the water around it!!?? Of course, you might want to watch out for alligators.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Way to go my brother!!! Congrats and lets hope the weathers good for Tuesday!!! "D"

I am gonna lie possum I miss the hell out of your brother I don’t care if it’s raining we’re going!!!! I’m going to get the book to you if anything else so will be on the same “page”when we go hunt down locations. Great book and not long with plenty of pictures which is why it’s the second book I’ve read in my life.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you find that much stuff on a 20x40 dry spot, who knows what you might find in the water around it!!?? Of course, you might want to watch out for alligators.

Well this time I had to go where there was no easy lower hanging fruit I was in the middle of think short palms.
I had the six-inch on, but it’s still hard swinging and hard digging with the roots but it paid off. It just sucks because it’s such a small area no telling what’s in that swamp water of history that was overtaken.
Then again no telling what’s in the swamp water that may eat you. The other day two wild boars ran right past me I just kept swinging I had my .45, but that water is a different game it’s just water and tall thick blades of grass and muck, plus the odds are high that something in there will kill you and or eat you. I guess that’s why you hear of beach detecting and river detecting but not swap detecting. It would be impossible to walk through the stuff the only reason why the spot is higher was because this was where a small cemetery used to be and when the railroad bought the land they moved the plots so it’s a little higher with white shells you have to drive about a mile and a half along the railroad tracks and when a train comes it’s only about 8ft away from you and it’s loud and flying. I learned that today lol IMG_1970.jpg

Last edited:

Schuder3

Jan 12, 2019
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro and Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My kind of Hunt! Like a fishing hole on low water. Great work.

Whyme

Silver Member
Aug 22, 2007
Western New York
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool finds! That V nick is in great shape! Congrats! :icon_thumleft:

dognose

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2009
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
pretty cool.

I would imagine that would be hard digging in some areas of the swamps for sure. But the rewards are high it looks like.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the patina on those bullets , 'look's like a 54 Burnside , the ball is likely for a 58 ML , & A .58 Machine made minnie ???

I'm really guessing & just trying to improve my Bullet Id skills.

You know best but here I have to watch for the CSX Police on road that close to the tracks (unless it's to a Home site ).

It's fun hunting near RR Tracks 'Every time a train comes I pause to let the Engines go by & Count how many there are like I used to as a Kid, & enjoy the Graffiti art on the cars. It's also cool when Amtrak Zips by every now and again , I also enjoy a good night hunt , they are very peaceful , and the night makes me go slower & focus on the ground that's lit up.

Full Moons are fun to once your eyes adjust.

Beware and 'Cap' anything you can not ID ' like Possum or a Real Possum being curious, lol
I did see the Movie Southern Comfort & only drank the Liquor to stop the shakes . Barf!!!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on the relics and old V! :occasion14:

Bharpring

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2016
Savannah, GA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus HF coils, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great hunt! You need to pound that place before the warm weather. Gators move slow in the cold weather and the maccasins bread in the spring. Rattlesnakes are always dangerous but not in the water. Ticks are already out here so I'm sure they are there as well, bug spray helps with those and the sand nats.

tomhighland

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2015
In MI woods
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great finds. Can't wait to see what you get when you push the edges of the clearing where the undergrowth has encroached over the years. Old aerial and topographic maps are great tools. I've found an abandoned farm that wasn't there in 1931 ( topo) but was fully established in 1954 ( earliest aerial for my area). Only 2 structures in existence now out of six. If your cemetery was a family plot and not for the parish it won't be far from a homesite.

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
Man I couldn’t not sleep finished my work about 2 tried to go to sleep but the brain was on overtime, so I already knew I was going swinging at the break of dawn. Drank a pot of coffee and watching calabash videos and left a hour early to go to the swamps. I hit “honey hole island swamp” again. It amazes me how the only 20x40 shell, palms and roots dry spot out of a 1000 acres of swamp never lets me down. I got a 3 ringer, a Burnside 2 ringer that I’ve never seen before, a nice round ball, what I think might be a heel plate and the only Victory nickel that I ever gotten that wasn’t red it’s beautiful.

Just woke up so back to work and I might be doing this ALL OVER again. Lol I love my crazy life. View attachment 1683600 View attachment 1683601 View attachment 1683602 View attachment 1683603 View attachment 1683604 View attachment 1683605 View attachment 1683606 View attachment 1683607 View attachment 1683608 View attachment 1683609 I found a lot of V nickels last year but this on is my favorite View attachment 1683610 View attachment 1683611 Thank you for looking

SSSAAAWWWEEEEETTTT!! I'm glad you share your life here with us T!

Great Finds!

Kace

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread