Pulled The Plug As A Seller

Atlanta Mi Dave

Feb 19, 2009
Atlanta, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tigershark and Tesoro Cibola Minelab 505, Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife and I have decided for the near future and probably forever to get out as sellers on eBay. Pulled 1400 items. It was getting to be too much like work and I quit that 13 years ago when I retired from Ford. We are gonna do what we like best... metal detect and drink beer( well I drink beer not Gloria). All eBays stupid policies made getting out an easy choice. I will continue to look at this site along with the Garage Sale site as often as I can. Have learned quite a bit on these two sites. Garage sales are in our blood, but now looking for stuff for ourselves rather than to resell.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
My wife and I have decided for the near future and probably forever to get out as sellers on eBay. Pulled 1400 items. It was getting to be too much like work and I quit that 13 years ago when I retired from Ford. We are gonna do what we like best... metal detect and drink beer( well I drink beer not Gloria). All eBays stupid policies made getting out an easy choice. I will continue to look at this site along with the Garage Sale site as often as I can. Have learned quite a bit on these two sites. Garage sales are in our blood, but now looking for stuff for ourselves rather than to resell.

Excellent! Good for you! I hope you are able to enjoy yourselves by treasure hunting and not running a business.

mjlalt

Jul 18, 2012
Massachusetts
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good for you! Enjoy it!

But what are you going to do when you go to a yard sale and see an item worth $100 with a 25 cent sticker on it?

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Enjoy your retirement. You worked for it. I would not even want to handle 1400 listings myself. At least you left in good standing, you can still return if you ever feel the urge or need.

You'll start buying for yourselves and before you know it.... :laughing7:

Vintage_Radios_SIZED.jpg

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pioneer 8 track in that pic diggummup? Looks like one I had in the 70's.

OP
OP
Atlanta Mi Dave

Atlanta Mi Dave

Feb 19, 2009
Atlanta, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tigershark and Tesoro Cibola Minelab 505, Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good for you! Enjoy it!

But what are you going to do when you go to a yard sale and see an item worth $100 with a 25 cent sticker on it?

That is going to be a TOUGH one!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread