Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Anyone who knows me on this site knows I have had many different detectors.

I have had my BH LRP and QDP for close to 8 years. At 73 now they have been light and found me plenty.

But I just happened to watch this video from one of my favorites, scannerguy1968. I was amazed at how the Simplex did in the best test garden I have ever seen. He didn't test the LRP in that garden but did test the Fisher F44 which operates the same. The Simplex blew the F44 away in all tests. And scored as high as detectors many times it's price (see his list at the end).

So last night I bought one from bart at Big Boys.

If you want to view the video, it's worth a thousand words.

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Anyone who knows me on this site knows I have had many different detectors.

I have had my BH LRP and QDP for close to 8 years. At 73 now they have been light and found me plenty.

But I just happened to watch this video from one of my favorites, scannerguy1968. I was amazed at how the Simplex did in the best test garden I have ever seen. He didn't test the LRP in that garden but did test the Fisher F44 which operates the same. The Simplex blew the F44 away in all tests. And scored as high as detectors many times it's price (see his list at the end).

So last night I bought one from bart at Big Boys.

If you want to view the video, it's worth a thousand words.

-just ran into this video now, and totally agree on your findings. The test bed was a great trial for the machine,...! I love mine!

OP
OP
Phantasman

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
-just ran into this video now, and totally agree on your findings. The test bed was a great trial for the machine,...! I love mine!
Yeah, his test bed is brutal and many common detectors couldn't even tackle it.

I believe his top choice of the line was the Tesoro Cibola that knocked it out of the park. On youtube you can go back and watch all the detectors he put through the paces years ago.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread