Pulltabs and bottle caps

gerryk

Jan 20, 2013
Orland Park
Detector(s) used
Minelab X Terra 705, Bounty Hunter Pro 505, Garrett Pro pointer, Pro swing 45, TDK WR 700 wireless headphones, leschee digger, green canvas mil surplus messenger bag as finds bag and brown bomb#2 to
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After reaing a couple posts this morning, one of em said all i found were pulltabs and bottle caps. Hen said i dont throw anything away until i get home except pulltabs and bottle caps.
Wy are we throwing pulltabs and bottle caps away? Are they not recyclable in one way or another? I know several people who collect the pulltabs, some for schools but mostly for the Ronald McDonald foundation. As far as bottle tops, ose dont take up much room at all and can be thrown in my recycle bin that i put out once a week. Many state and national parks have recycle bins, in Ilinois our freeway rest areas have recycle bins. Am i missing something here or is it the Boy Scout in me?

Upvote 0

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As long as we aren't leaving them behind, I don't feel anything is wrong with tossing them. Mine are usually mucky, mixed with bits of equally filthy mystery metals and other crap and I'm certainly not going to clean and sort that stuff. Good stuff goes into one bag, trash in to another, then the trash bag goes into the bin.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I actually keep all of my pulltabs and a lot of the junk metal items, and sell them to people in Manhattan (SoHo) that have more money than brains as "Recycled Earth Jewelry." :laughing7:

Attachments

• necklace 005.jpg
    necklace 005.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 155

PullTabPete

Jun 14, 2012
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal II E-trac EQ 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I kept some vintage pulltabs to make my avatar.

When digging I usually empty out the trash (like can slaw and other misc junk) and then keep the more interesting chunks. Now I have a few coffee cans of random metal pieces in the garage, not sure what I'll end doing with them. What does one do with such treasure like broken 70's bike padlocks, old pressure gauges and bent keys?

HH,

Pete

mjarvis

Jan 4, 2013
Gold river
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter. Whites MXT, whites pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
One mans trash is another mans treasures!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread